By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The wii is a virus!

says former DICE CEO *(lawlz)*

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/former-dice-ceo-the-wii-is-a-virus--1107.html

Gaming Union: Are you surprised with the negativity surrounding the Wii from various groups, even after all this time and its success? Would you develop a Wii game if you were a traditional developer?

Fredrik Liliegrin: If I got paid to develop a Wii game I would do it. I would not put an original IP on the Wii today unless I thought I had an absolute home run.

Gaming Union: Why not?

Fredrik Liliegrin: Because the Wii, to me, I would describe it as a Virus, that doesn't stick. Everyone comes home, it's a toy, people have got to realize the Wii is a toy, not an entertainment focused product. People come home, someone, they play Wii for a bit, feel it's really cool, blah blah blah, they go out and buy one. Ask people how often they play the Wii, that are not the core game consumer that buys one because they have an Xbox 360 and a Wii or a PlayStation 3 and a Wii. The people that only own the Wii, ask that consumer how often they use their machine. They just don't use it, it was cool, but they're not gamers, so they put it away. Other than the Wii Fit phenomenon that helped a lot of people get a nice cutie voice telling that they're fat and need to go work out, they need to find other alternatives. Nintendo is smart in that way in that they realize this is not a video game machine, this is not a games game machine.

-yikes someone is a hater

mM
Around the Network

Haha, lol. Poor guy, I feel sorry for him. If Wii is a virus, then what is DS? A pandemic?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'm glad that not all people have such a limited view of what makes a game a game. If Wii isn't a video game machine I don't know what the heck it is...
Anyway, someone needs a hug!

Good thing this guy doesn't make important decisions!

All the Wii hating on the internest is the virus, anything Nintendo related that gets mentioned on the net all the wii haters just spew all over it, and he says that wii only owns don't play much but I play mine very often ,so this guy is crazy.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

its obvious the guy is very biaed

mM

Just in! Virus sweeps the nation! Called "wii" Its now stealing money from people of all ages and groups!

That's how he see's the wii really

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Whatever Wii Fit is... people still keep coming back to play it so that kinda disproves his "people play the Wii then forget about it" thing. Same with Animal Crossing... the way that thing keeps increasing in time played is astonishing.

leo-j said:
its obvious the guy is very biaed

WTF?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Lillegren kan dra åt helvete.

I'm glad he's a former employee. I'm proud of DICE and I don't want them to be tainted by such "hardcore" idiots. He is part of the disease, not Wii.

I LOVE ICELAND!