By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Bad Company 2 on PC has a lot of players

http://kotaku.com/5487038/battlefield-bad-company-2-players-prefer-pc-to-console

"These days, multiplatform games tend to be dominated by console gamers. Modern Warfare 2, for example, has a relatively tiny PC-playing community. Not so for Battlefield Bad Company 2!

DICE associate producer Barrie Tingle has revealed that at the moment, during the week of the game's retail release, more people are playing the PC version of the game than both the 360 and PS3 editions combined [the source link says that the Kotaku is wrong in that "The PC had more players than either console not more than both consoles combined. You'll need to work to beat both consoles combined effort"]

Sure, Battlefield is a franchise with its spiritual home on the PC, but still. It's nice to see not everybody has abandoned the ol' mouse and keyboard in favour of the couch and a Dualshock 3.

Updates to the servers now and soon [EA, thanks Ryan!]"

Not too bad for a 'dead' market, huh? While right now I'd rather just rent it for PS3, I'd be getting for PC if/when I do decide to buy it. Now what I'd really like to see is some information on Battlefield 3

Around the Network

Well PC has games like Battlefield 2,Battlefield 2142,Battlefield Vietnam,Battlefield Heroes.
So you would think that the PC has a larger Battlefield fanbase

Yea, but still it's not bad with all the crap that PC gaming gets. I hope it does well enough to leave Modern Warfare 2 on the PC in the dust.

Build it and they will come.

Release a half assed console port months after the original release, cripple it with DRM and treat your potential customers like idiots and thieves and they'll stay away in their droves.

Great it deserves it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I bought it for the PC. Great game. One thing. I can't play online! -.- Maybe its because too many other people are :P.

not bad, but overall I'd say the 360 version will outsell the PC version even though it's mainly a PC franchise.
BF on PC is not as big as many might think.

I played it on PC last night, really didn't enjoy it that much. I'll be getting it on PS3 soon though.

They buy it on PC hoping that if it sells enough, we'll get BF3 without it beeing dumbed down for consoles.

*fingers crossed*

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Well. BF is a PC series. And it's not gimped like MW2, so of course people will get the superior version.

I LOVE ICELAND!