By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More developers leave Infinity Ward

Two lead developers no longer with the studio.

April 5, 2010 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 developer Infinity Ward has lost two more key members. 

Lead Designer Todd Alderman and Lead Software Engineer Francesco Gigliotti are no longer with the company, according to the pair's recently updated LinkedIn profiles. The reason for their departure is not yet known at this time. A source close to the studio told Kotaku that both Alderman and Gigliotti have resigned, though that information has yet to be confirmed. 

Alderman and Gigliotti spent nearly eight years together at Infinity Ward. According to Alderman's profile, he primarily focused on developing the studio's multiplayer portions of their games, which date back to the original Call of Duty released in 2003.

This news comes just one month after publisher Activision sacked studio foundersVince Zampella and Jason West for breach of contract, though the exact details and reasoning of their firings remain unknown. Zampella and West shortly thereafter filed a lawsuit against Activision over the rights of the Call of Duty series, which is still ongoing. 

IGN has contacted Activision and Infinity Ward for comment. We'll update this story when we hear more.

LINK

Around the Network

Alright, I know I was against MW2 and all the success it got, and I know I made some wishes to some particular satanic deities to reverse this... BUT I'M SORRY NOW!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

patapon said:
Alright, I know I was against MW2 and all the success it got, and I know I made some wishes to some particular satanic deities to reverse this... BUT I'M SORRY NOW!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

I look at this as a good thing.  The crators of Call of Duty will branch off on their own, forming a new studio and hopefully signing with a publisher that'll give them more creative liberty in their work.

Infinity Ward is lost too many developers in a blink of an eye , and the whole world just fucking watched.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
Infinity Ward is lost too many developers in a blink of an eye , and the whole world just fucking watched.

its called corporate america. you aren't from around here are you?

Around the Network

You kill that golden goose, Activision!

mOeR-rpGee said:
Severance said:

It's called game quotes. You haven't played MW2 have you?

indodude said:
mOeR-rpGee said:
Severance said:

nope. and i hope i never do.

mOeR-rpGee said:
indodude said:
mOeR-rpGee said:
Severance said:

Ok then.

mOeR-rpGee said:
indodude said:
mOeR-rpGee said:
Severance said:

i wish i never did play it. now i'm stuck with people convising that it isn't "TEH BEST GAME EVAH" like they all say.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.