By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown Round #3 -- Rate FF1 & FF2!!

Rate FF1 & FF2 in this round.
In last round FF8 got average of 7.13. You can still vote for it in the thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=107420&page=2#16 

U can still vote for FF7 in this thread (the avrge is a secret now to keep suspense):

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=107334&page=2&str=541435017#39

I played FF1 & 2 on PSP I give ff1 8/10 and ff2 7/10

Around the Network

I've got them both on the PSP too, and to be honest, I love the oldschool Final Fantasy games, and with the upgraded sprites and additional features they added, it made playing them so much of a pleasure, that I'd give the first 9/10, and the second an 8/10, since I did prefer the first to the second.

I haven't beaten FF2.

FF1, though, I'd give an 8. Great game all the way through, legitimately challenging, requires quite a bit of thoguht in how to manage your resources.

Edit: You're doing one for every game, right? FF1-6 included?

Not played either of those.

Might get them when I get an iphone....but they will probably seem a big step down from the fantastic SNES ones so I'm afraid to go into them & come out not liking them.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

FF1 8.0
FF2 7.0

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Might get them when I get an iphone....but they will probably seem a big step down from the fantastic SNES ones so I'm afraid to go into them & come out not liking them.

You need realistic expectations but the first, at least, is a very (very) solid game. For an NES game it actually has a very good plot, too, and of course the character customization was great for its time. It's excellently balanced and very fun.

Khuutra said:

I haven't beaten FF2.

FF1, though, I'd give an 8. Great game all the way through, legitimately challenging, requires quite a bit of thoguht in how to manage your resources.

yes doing one for all games, tomorow i do ff3/4 then ff5/6 day after. then ff9 on saturday and on from there to 13. i need a minimum of 20 votes for each ff game for the average to be fair in comparison to other ff games (so far less votes in this one)

AkibaFan said:
Khuutra said:

I haven't beaten FF2.

yes doing one for all games, tomorow i do ff3/4 then ff5/6 day after. then ff9 on saturday and on from there to 13. i need a minimum of 20 votes for each ff game for the average to be fair in comparison to other ff games (so far less votes in this one)

I see.

Why lump the old games together?

FF1 - 8/10
FF2 - 8.25/10

Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:

You need realistic expectations but the first, at least, is a very (very) solid game. For an NES game it actually has a very good plot, too, and of course the character customization was great for its time. It's excellently balanced and very fun.

Hmmm I'll probably buy the iphone versions then when I get an iphone after my exams. I guess it'll be cool to experience the game that began the legend!!!!!! lol

But I'll go in with low/medium expectations. (If thats what you meant by "realistic expectations")

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey