By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is working on their popularity in Japan.

[

Around the Network

2007年12月15日、千葉県・南船橋のららぽーとTOKYO-BAYにて、マイクロソフト主催によるゲームイベント“親子であそぼう!Xbox 360でメリークリスマス!”が開催された。年末に発売されたXbox 360の全年齢対象タイトルをお披露目することを目的としたこのイベント。会場では、マイクロソフトの『あつまれ!ピニャータ ~レッツ☆パーティー~』、ハドソンの『桃太郎電鉄16 GOLD』、バンダイナムコゲームスの『ビューティフル塊魂』、KONAMIの『ワールドサッカーウイニングイレブン2008』、そしてPC向けの『あつまれ!ピニャータ 』(Games for Windows)の5タイトルが出展。場所柄もあり、家族連れが多数来場していた。

会場では、一般の来場者が参加しての『あつまれ!ピニャータ ~レッツ☆パーティー~』と『ビューティフル塊魂』のゲーム大会が実施。勝利した参加者にはクリスマスツリーやオリジナルグッズなどがプレゼントされるという、クリスマスイベントらしい大盤振る舞いだった。また、イベントに来た子供たちを何よりも喜ばせたのは、ゲスト(?)として登場したキャラクターたち。『あつまれ!ピニャータ ~レッツ☆パーティー~』のピニャータたちや『ビューティフル塊魂』の王子、『桃太郎電鉄16 GOLD』の桃太郎とキングボンビーがつぎつぎと現れては、盛んにフラッシュを浴びていた。

なお、今回のイベントに合わせて、会場となったベスト電器・ららぽーと船橋店のゲームコーナー担当、森和隆氏にこの年末のXbox 360に対する感触を聞くことができた。それによると「この年末はXbox 360がいけるのではないかということで、この10月に売場スペースを大きくしたのですが、期待どおりに売れています。11月に“Xbox 360 バリュー パック”が出たときは、一時品切れになるほどの売れ行きで、現状プレイステーション3より動いている感じです。ソフトも『ロストオデッセイ』や『キングダムアンダーファイア:サークルオブドゥーム』などを中心によく売れていますよ。Xbox 360 プラチナコレクションの動きもよくて、新規購入しやすい状況になっていると思います。この年末はさらに期待したいですね」

ベスト電器・ららぽーと船橋店では、“親子であそぼう!Xbox 360でメリークリスマス!”のタイトル試遊体験などをした来場者に対して、当日に限り“Xbox 360 バリュー パック”を通常より5000円安い29800円[税込]で提供。さらには、購入者にはカラーコントローラーがプレゼントされるとあって、「メチャクチャ売れています」(森さん)という。

マイクロソフトの関係者は、「今年の1月にはZ指定(18歳以上のみ対象)タイトルのイベントを開いたのですが、今回のイベントを開くことで、今年はZで始まりAで締めることができました」と冗談めかして話してくれたが、それは取りも直さずXbox 360タイトルの充実ぶりを現すもの。Xbox 360の充実したラインアップこそが、ファンにとっては何よりのクリスマスプレゼントとなったのかもしれない。

Has someone a good online translator ?

[

Xbox getting the kiddi system in Japan?

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

thibje said:

I don't know about you but i think the one on the right might have given some kids nightmares.

i wished theyd do that here in the States.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
Duke Of Darkness said:
Xbox getting the kiddi system in Japan?

Gotta hook them when they're young!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Microsoft is working on its popularity in Japan?

I hope they use a magnifying glass...

This is a pretty rough translation, so forgive me if it doesn't make sense at times or seems a bit "off".

December 15th, 2007 - Microsoft Sponsors Game Event at Chiba Perfecture, South Funabashi's Lala Boat in Tokyo Bay

"Parents and children!  Merry Christmas from XBOX 360!" was the slogan.  The event was held to showcase upcoming titles for the XBOX 360 during the remainder of the year.  In the halls, Microsoft's "Get Together!  Pinata Party", Hudson's "Peach Taro Electric Railrod 16 GOLD", Bandai-Namco's "Beautiful Katamari", Konami's "World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008", and the PC version of "Pinata" (Games for Windows) were 5 of the titles on display.  The event drew many families and their friends.

Visitors were allowed to try out "Get Together! Pinata Party" and "Beautiful Katamari" during the convention.  The winning participant was awarded a Christmas tree, original goods, etc., a generous reception befitting a Christmas event.  As well, children at the event enjoyed, more than anything, the guest (?) characters.  "Get Together! Pinata Party"'s Pinatas and "Beautiful Katamari"'s Prince, "Peach Taro Electric Railrod 16 GOLD"'s Momotaro and King Bombi all made appearances one after another, and were quickly photographed.

As well, alongside this event in the gaming corner of Best Denki and the Lala Boat Funabashi store being used for the event hall, Mr. Kazutaka Mori was available for questions about the XBOX 360.  According to him, "We've arranged this end-of-year XBOX 360 event because, even though we increased our stock of systems in October, sales have been as expected.  When the "XBOX 360 Value Pack" came out in November, it was sold out temporarily, and was briefly in the same position as the PlayStation 3.  Software such as "Lost Oddessy" and "Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom" in particular also sold well.  The move towards a 360 Platinum Collection is well underway too, which will make it easy to purchase certain titles again.  I expect that things will continue to go well for the rest of the year."

At Best Denki and the Lala Boat Funabashi Store, the "Parents and children!  Merry Christmas from XBOX 360!" title test-play experience for some visitors was restricted to just that day, with the usual bit about the "XBOX 360 Value Pack" being 29800 Yen (including tax), 5000 yen cheaper.  Further, buyers were given a colorful controller, called "Messy Favorite" (Mr. Mori).

Though Microsoft staff said jokingly, "In January of this year, an event of Z Specification (18 and over only) titles was held, but by this event, we had managed to start with Z and work our way to A," there was acknowledgement instead of nitpicking of the 360 titles which do best.  Just the substantial XBOX 360 lineup may become the most important Christmas present for fans.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Galaki said:
thibje said:

I don't know about you but i think the one on the right might have given some kids nightmares.

A famous VG character from "Momotaro Densetsu"

Microsoft Japan in my opinion makes some awesome ads, but the Japanese are not bitting to it. And its sad, but the Xbox 360 is doing way better than the original Xbox. And by looking at these screens they really do care about the Xbox 360 in Japan.

If only Japan will except the Xbox brand.....