By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Unbelievable!The Greatest sales number console - PS2 surpassed by DS! (JAP)

Record Breaking!!!!!According to Japan sales number authority M-Create. Nintendo DS just surpassed Sony Playstation 2 last week in install base number. It makes Nintendo DS just become the greatest sales console in the Japan console history!

クリスマス商戦が本格化、主役は任天堂

機種 販売台数
DSL 279,551
Wii 232,907
PSP 171,804
PS3 58,167
PS2 20,391
Xbox360 7,908
GBASP 54
GBM 42
GC 31
DS 12
GBA 4

上位100タイトルの総販売本数は3,261,464本、前週比170.39%、週間平均比272.91%。本格化したクリスマス商戦により市場が最高潮となり、2007年週間販売本数の最高値を記録している。

1位を獲得したのは前週に続き『マリオパーティDS』。初週(23.5万本)を上回る33.0万本を販売し、累計は一気にミリオンを達成。クリスマスや 年末年始における「マリオパーティ」の人気の高さが顕著に表れていた。上記を含めDSとWiiのタイトルが上位10位の内9タイトルを占めており、新旧問 わず任天堂ハードのタイトルが強さを発揮している。
 ランクインした新作は18タイトル。2位『ファイナルファンタジーIV』(28.8万本)や5位『NARUTO -ナルト- 疾風伝 ナルティメットアクセル2』(10.9万本)が健闘を見せるものの、DSやWiiの旧作陣の伸びが目立つため、新作比は24.02%とやや低めとなってい る。

ハード市場でも任天堂が主役。DSLは28.0万台、Wiiは23.3万台を販売。2機種合計で50万台以上販売し、ハード市場の70%近くを占めている。また、DS+DSLの累計販売台数がPS2を抜き、国内の現行機の中で普及台数トップに躍り出ている。

3 Years old VS 7 Years old

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

Well, I did not see this coming so soon...

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Handheld sales>>>> console sales.

mM
leo-j said:

thats the thing handheld vs home console. tell me when the Wii passes it becasue then it will be the same market.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
leo-j said:

thats the thing handheld vs home console. tell me when the Wii passes it becasue then it will be the same market.

It's the same market when the same types of games are made for the same demographics.

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
ssj12 said:
leo-j said:

It's the same market when the same types of games are made for the same demographics.

you try to take a Wii on the road with you. It wont be very entertaining. handheld gaming is gaming on the go not gaming in a room in your house. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
fkusumot said:
ssj12 said:
leo-j said:

you try to take a Wii on the road with you. It wont be very entertaining. handheld gaming is gaming on the go not gaming in a room in your house.

That's strange. The only place I play Ouendan is in a room in my house.

Yeah, but it didn't pass the Playstation 2, in total sales, in Japan, right?

leo-j said:

Funny thing is, this was never true until the DS. If it were, the DS would be breaking GBA records (which it also has/does), not PS2 records. The PS2 is the best selling game machine of any type, and the DS is breaking records set by it. You can't just write that off because it's a handheld. It's true to an extent that they are different markets, but the handheld market has traditionally been the smaller market, which actually makes it even more impressive in a sense.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Yeah, but it didn't pass the over all Playstation 2 sales in Japan.

What does that mean? What numbers are you talking about?