By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBLA: New Loadrunner pics!

[Source

Lode Runner XBLA Gallery

Microsoft just sent us this batch of fresh pics for the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade make-over of classic side-scroller Lode Runner being reworked at the hands of developer Tozai. I had my reservations when I first heard about this remake, but I'm kinda digging the new look of the game.

Around the Network

Man, I use to love this game as a kid and I couldn't be happier that I get to play it again. I hope they kept the level creation tool and let you share your levels somehow.

I don't know how I missed this game until now but fuck I'm happy.

-edit-
Though I am a little upset the mad monks are now robots. I use to love the animation and sound of them clawing and eating your body...

-edit #2-
Oooh, looks like the mad monks are still there, nevermind.  Yay.  ^^

Is this game like Lemmings?

DMeisterJ said:
Is this game like Lemmings?

No, if I'm remembering correctly, you had to run around the levels and collect something, you didn't have weapons but had the ability to dig holes that the enemies would fall into, if I'm remembering the right game that is.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Nice :) Hopefully they include the original game with it as well.