By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Coded Soul Screens and Packshot

In Coded Soul, you play as Jay, a soldier who travels to the world of Idea to save his girlfriend, May. The army has been conducting research into Monolith Gate, the door to the world of Idea. That door is controlled by Gale, a young boy who gives Jay a special power as he travels to the other side.

And that special power is -- Gaia fans have already guessed it -- the ability to control monsters by sucking up their souls. Once you've defeated a foe, you can make it into your ally for use during future battles. You can take up to two monsters with you on your treks into Idea, selecting from eventually over 100 beasts

Source = me actually http://www.gamed.nl/view/36308

Around the Network

The packshot really looks terrible btw

for a psp game the graphics are pretty good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

It does look good, but so did about a dozen other PSP games I bought that turned out absolutely shit, Blade Dancer anyone?

I have never ever had so many games for the one system that just turned out bad, I get excited when I see screens like this but it is just shot down by the fact that it will probably fall down the trend of all PSP RPG's, bad.

This game is made by the developers of Folklore and Foklore was pretty good :)

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
It does look good, but so did about a dozen other PSP games I bought that turned out absolutely shit, Blade Dancer anyone?

I have never ever had so many games for the one system that just turned out bad, I get excited when I see screens like this but it is just shot down by the fact that it will probably fall down the trend of all PSP RPG's, bad.

Funny that you mention , I actually liked the gameplay ... and if you get the hang of it , than you could get even 30 hours from it ...

Anyways , I dont like how this game looks , its just seems as a fast pack , mediocre seller ...  

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Yeah the game actually looks really bad if you are comparing it with other PSP games that are coming, like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Anyways that doesnt't mean Coded Soul is going to be a bad game.

Looks like a PS one game..not that that is bad but it doesn't appeal me;.

I agree, this isn't up to the PSP's graphical standard.

Well, maybe the screens are just ugly, is there actually already a trailer released?