By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wada clarifies ‘Wii is a toy’ statement, talks ‘one console’ idea

Well he already stated the DS and Wii are his main systems to release games for. He basically reaffirms that statement again here.

Also, it's nice to see Square branch off from creating RPG's on the DS.  Hopefully they release a nice variety on the Wii as well. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

people just need to stop trying to be all high and mighty and just make games...its that simple

Hopefully we get some new IP instead of old KH.

hope they will show good support for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Squareenix is in total damage control mode

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Well as a Japanese developer what do you do when the console you thought would be your shining light ends up getting drunk and lost in an alley? They tried their best to boost up the PS3 but sadly it hasn't worked out so well. They see the Wii sales and want in on it, they can't say no anymore without it affecting their stock.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

what I find interesting is that people get offended when someone calls the Wii a "toy" because in all honesty it is, and so is the PS3 and the XBox360.

Even though the PS3 and XBox360 are multi-media centers, they also are nothing more than high-tec toys since they really serve no other purpose than to entertain. (oh wait, the PS3 is folds at home, so i guess its not a toy.....)

whatever, just make some good games so i can play them on my toys. Maybe I'll buy my first Square-Enix game in a long time if they can come up with something good.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Soriku said:
Really, Japanese devs are all I care about, so I'm good.

really?you dont like western devs?so you wouldnt play games like metroid prime,gta,eternal darkness etc

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@Darknight

They tried to boost PS3 sales?? Really? So far i nave not seen a Square-Enix game on the platform... I think you should wait till they release FFXIII and then re-think your statement!

HA! Any family that buys a console for their children WILL consider it a toy, no matter if its the PS3, 360 or Wii. Heck, even I consider them toys cuz they are for nothing useful but playing games. The mainstream market will never use these systems as media centers, I don't get why Sony and MS are so obsessed with that.

What are you looking at, nerd?