By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official Nintendo & Sony Holiday Lifetime Shipments Update Thread

According to stories on Gamasutra and Gamedaily, Nintendo's results will come Thursday (most likely very late Wendsday night/early Thursday morning given the time differences between the USA & Japan)

Sony's results are expected to come at approximately the same time, although I can't seem to find confirmation anywhere.

I'm expecting lifetime shipments for PS3 of 9.75 million and lifetime shipments of 20.5 million for Wii through 12/31/07. For reference, Microsoft announced 17.7 million consoles sold lifetime through 12/31/07.

Edit:

Through 3/31/2008 shipments to retail stand as:

Wii - 24.45 million

Xbox 360 - 19.0 million

PS3 - 12.81 million

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

ah, so John might have been right....20,5 million by end of 2008?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Well it wouldn't be to surprising if Wii did get 20 million shipped.

Sony's are next Thursday, 1/31.

Cool, now we get to see the shipment figures, with Wii sales will be almost the same as shipments, with PS3 not so much

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

This comment is purely so I can find this thread later

Actually I shall ask a question; Will the quarterly reports be posted here too, or is this info actually coming from them anyway? Edit. @avinashi. If MS pushed 1.7 million extra 360s, then Sony must have pushed at least 1 million extra PS3s. Wiis were definately below 500k in stock, probably under 100k if Nintendo had none to ship for the few days after Christmas [bar Japan] So if The Source is correct then 20 million is very likely... The question is; would Ninty have announced 20m already? it is a milestone after all.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Cool, now we get to see the shipment figures, with Wii sales will be almost the same as shipments, with PS3 not so much

Fantastic insight, as usual. I think people already know this, so there's no need to post flaimebait.

Mummelmann said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Fantastic insight, as usual. I think people already know this, so there's no need to post flaimebait.

Again you accuse me of doing things I don't do, all I meant was what I posted

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Mummelmann said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Again you accuse me of doing things I don't do, all I meant was what I posted

And you post it 10 times a day, I think we got it. Every user knows that the Wii sells out it's stock and that the PS3 doesn't, yet you seem fond of repeating it perpetually.

OMG......that's pretty weird....

that means only 0.2 million wiis are still on shelves.....i can't imagine wii sales without shortages, it's all nintendo's fault, they need to increase wii production, if they want to pass ps2 sales

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!