By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some Wii Third Parties have some balls...

I can't believe what the developer and publisher of the new Spider-Man 3 game have released on the Wii.  Did they decide not to hire anyone to actually do textures for the game?  And what's with the insanely messed up draw-in distance?  Exactly how close does Spider-Man have to be to that bridge before the rest is drawn in?  And where are all the cars and people for that matter?  And even looking like that there are framerate issues with the game?  Apparently the control scheme is good once you get used to it but will people want to get used to them?  Also it seems like this version was designed for the Wii from the ground up and not simply a port of the 360/PS3 versions.  I can see now why some people are complaining and saying third parties need to step up to the plate and do better.

And:

Around the Network

This is a joke. I pray to god this is a joke.

Amazing 3rd party support...

(seriously tho... holy crap... this could be almost done on the SNES with the FX chip) 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

No joke unfortunately...

Here's the review of the game and the images are from the review: http://wii.ign.com/articles/785/785713p1.html

I looked for other pictures with people in them and found this:

Oh and in case people are wondering, I'm not flaming the Wii I know it can do graphics better than this, I'm flaming the developer and publisher who unloaded this crap.

I'm sorry, but I gotta give props to nintendo. They went from it having to be an AAA game, to a F- game.

Seriously tho. Why did nintendo give the OK for this game? This makes the Wii look bad. That looks sub-par for a launch PS2 game. This is totally wack. That game aint worth 10$ in the bargian bin. In your new pictures, beside the taxi, is that a phantom taxi going the other way? And the people, they look alot like... ink drops, with little black dots under them. And spidey, looks like gumby, swing on a string.

Seriously tho... this is crap... totally crap. I was thinking of renting this for the PS3. It wont happen now. Seing they actually released THAT kinda crap, Actvision is now on my... ****-list. Right up there with EA. This is just un-acceptable for a game to be released in the modern world. Maybe on the PSP, maybe on the DS... Maybe on the PS2. But not the Wii.

EDIT: scratch the PSP and PS2. IT should look better on either of those systems. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

It looks more crappy then Spiderman 2 on NGC... But Wii is at least 2x stronger...

They really foked it up... The buildings look worser then Spiderman 1 on PSX... WHAT THE HELL ACTIVISION! IF U WANNA EARN SOME MONEY ON WII WITH YOUR GAMES, U BETTER MAKE EM GOOD CUZE I AINT BUYIN THIS BULLCRAP!...

IM GETTIN PISSED! I WANT GOOD WII GAMES (I know they are comin) BUT I WANT EM NOW!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Holy crap I have just lost my eyesight. This is possibly the worst looking game in years. I could have done better with MSPaint. I can't believe any publisher would release such a crappy looking game in 2007. I won't even rent this. If it can't render half way decent there is no way it plays good. I think IGN was really stretching for nice words in their review of this game.

I don't expect much from movie tie-ins, but this is certainly among the worst. In other news, there's already a thread or two about this game I think....

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Oops I guess in the first picture there're no textures because if you swing too high in the game the textures disappear. Just wanted to clear that up.

It tells you something about reviews when IGN gives it a 5, on both presentation and graphics.

Antagonizing publishers at this point would suck, but this is beyond bad. Nintendo really shouldn't have OKed it. Even school projects can look better than this, a lot of homebrew sure would. Why not OK that too then?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Wow. Looks like a PSOne game.

You know, I'm all for gameplay over graphics. I even spend plenty of time playing old school games on my GBA and Virtual Console. But if you want me to spend $49.99 on a new game... you have to at least try. This is the saddest thing I've seen in a long, long time. The graphics engine looks like something I could slap together by myself in a week. And then I'd be done, because I wouldn't need artists to create textures for me to use. Pathetic.