By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Canadian Xbox 360 price drops $50 Friday

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/20/rumor-canadian-xbox-360-price-drops-50-friday/

Rumor: Canadian Xbox 360 price drops $50 Friday

Thanks to an anonymous tipster, we have early word on what might be an upcoming price drop for the Canadian Xbox 360. The above phonecam photo comes from a FutureShop Canada employee, who says he was "quite surprised" to find a $50 price drop for the Xbox 360 Pro Console advertised right on the front page of next week's advertising fliers. Our source also tells us that the inside of the flier trumpets a $50 price drop for the XBox 360 Elite (to $449), an offer which allegedly includes a free copy of Turok.

Both price drops should be effective Friday, if this rumor proves true, and while we have no way of confirming this information as of yet, we have no explicit reason to doubt it either. Regardless, if you're a Canadian looking to buy an Xbox 360, it couldn't hurt to wait a couple of days to see if you can save a bit of green, er, funny multicolored money.

Around the Network

ABOUT FRICKING TIME

at current parity with US dollar, why are we still paying more?

Thank you futureshop.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Dang, they still have Xbox 360s? Places here are fresh out ...

Well what do people think? Is this exchange rate-based price changes? Or is it a precursor to a wider NA or even WW drop?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I say wider and should know for future today.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Well what do people think? Is this exchange rate-based price changes? Or is it a precursor to a wider NA or even WW drop?

Trust me, As a Canadian and Bestbuy employee (who owns Future Shop in Canada), It's a exxchange rate price drop, Happened to PS3 last year, now it's xbox's turn

or else people would drive to US to buy their console for cheap 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
madskillz said:
Fresh out of 360's in Wonderland? Whatta shame.
Here in the US I can  go to stores and find them though, but ours probably arent as reliable as the Wonderland 360.

About bloody time. Now if they'd only stop gouging Canadians on Live Marketplace points...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

@ Jandre002

Take an EXTREMELY big pipecleaner....GENTLY insert it into your ears, twist, and pull. Once finished, repeat aloud to yourself. IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF THE TWO MOST POPULAR XBOX 360 SKU'S THAT WAS CONFIRMED BY GAMERS AND RETAILERS LONG BEFORE MICROSOFT MENTIONED IT.

Having completed the above steps, make a mental note to repeat the ritual each morning.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Jandre002 said:
madskillz said:
Fresh out of 360's in Wonderland? Whatta shame.
Here in the US I can go to stores and find them though, but ours probably arent as reliable as the Wonderland 360.

Actually, Wonderland is ours (Canada's).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada%27s_Wonderland