By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii / DS Integration

In this Kotaku article, they mention that the Wii version of Ghostbusters will allow the use of the DS as a PKE meter: http://kotaku.com/385081/ghostbusters-wiids-connectivity-sounds-great

What an awesome idea!  I'd love to see more games allow for this sort of integration.  Even if it's as little as opening new levels like with Geometry Wars, I'm surprised that more developers haven't tried.  What if Metroid offered the ability to see the map on the DS?  Or perhaps a quick inventory screen for an RPG?  Either way, I hope we see more integration and innovative uses for the Wii/DS!

Around the Network

Is this the first game for Wii/DS integration?

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
JoeJ said:

In this Kotaku article, they mention that the Wii version of Ghostbusters will allow the use of the DS as a PKE meter: http://kotaku.com/385081/ghostbusters-wiids-connectivity-sounds-great

What an awesome idea! I'd love to see more games allow for this sort of integration. Even if it's as little as opening new levels like with Geometry Wars, I'm surprised that more developers haven't tried. What if Metroid offered the ability to see the map on the DS? Or perhaps a quick inventory screen for an RPG? Either way, I hope we see more integration and innovative uses for the Wii/DS!

I've always wanted my own PKE meter.  I've long suspected one of my friends is in fact the Ghost of Christmas Past out to get me.

Joeykanga said:
Is this the first game for Wii/DS integration?

I think Pokemon Pearl/Diamond and Pokemon Battle Revolution have some intergration........not sure how exactly........but I know you can use your pokemon from the DS games on the Wii.

Diamond & Pearl had:

1.The ability to transfer your pokemon from your game save to the Wii
2. The ability to use the DS as a controller
3. Gave you the higher detailed run down of the pokemon.

It was cool, but D&P weren't my kind of game, I am tired of the same old poke'mon
I guess... I'm kind of dreaming for a mmorpg or some progression in poke'mon, cause this franchise is turning into a Nintendo EA thing.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Diamond & Pearl had:

1.The ability to transfer your pokemon from your game save to the Wii
2. The ability to use the DS as a controller
3. Gave you the higher detailed run down of the pokemon.

It was cool, but D&P weren't my kind of game, I am tired of the same old poke'mon
I guess... I'm kind of dreaming for a mmorpg or some progression in poke'mon, cause this franchise is turning into a Nintendo EA thing.

That's also what I'm waiting for. Here's hoping they do it.

Just love the innovation they're putting into this game

In Ubisoft's My Word Coach you can use the DS to write instead of waving the wiimote's IR!
Amazing? I know! :o

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

My Word Coach uses this feature?! o_O

THAT is what I call unexpected!

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D