By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MTV, Harmonix Announce Rock Band Track Pack For PS2, Wii

Harmonix tries to make up for gimped Wii & PS2 versions of Rock Band:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18496

MTV, Harmonix Announce Rock Band Track Pack For PS2, Wii

With the PlayStation 2 and Wii versions of Rock Band unable to download new content, MTV Games and Harmonix have announced Rock Band Track Pack Volume 1.

This is the first retail-distributed collection of 20 songs for the game - and includes recent Nine Inch Nails, Stone Temple Pilots and Boston content.

The collection is due to be released on July 15th at a retail cost of $29.99 on PS2 and Wii, a discount on otherwise purchasing the songs individually on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, which are priced at 160 Microsoft Points ($1.99) apiece.

The full list of songs included in the pack are as follows:

30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill
All American Rejects - Move Along
Blink 182 - All the Small Things
Boston - More Than a Feeling
David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
Faith No More - We Care A Lot
Grateful Dead - Truckin’
The Hives - Die, All Right!
KISS - Calling Dr. Love
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme’ Three Steps
Nine Inch Nails - March of the Pigs
Oasis - Live Forever
Paramore - Crushcrushcrush
The Police - Synchronicity II
Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister
Ramones - Teenage Lobotomy
Smashing Pumpkins - Siva
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Weezer - Buddy Holly
Wolfmother - Joker & the Thief

The Wii version of Rock Band has yet to be released, but will land shortly before the track pack's release on June 22nd.

Unlike the PlayStation 2 version, the Wii game will also include an extra five songs also released as DLC, including Oasis' "Don't Look Back In Anger," Police's "Roxanne" and The Ramones' "Rockaway Beach."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll it's not DL content, but it's better than no effort. the bad thing is you can't pick the songs or get a particular band's "pack" 

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

There is no reason why these can't be DLC on the Wii but at least this is an acceptable substitute for Nintendo's retardation when it comes to DLC and online systems.

That's easily my biggest complaint with the system.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Hmm... I wonder how they'll work this, exactly. I'd assume you'll have to engage in some disc swapping, which kind of sucks.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

That does make things suck a little bit less. Hopefully, competition from GH4 will make Harmonix actually put some effort into DLC for the Wii.

hopefully now that N is 'thinking' about storage solutions we may find a long term solution in the near future.

BAM! There it is!

Around the Network

Actually, this explains why there is no Wii DLC. This retail package was planned prior to the announcement of the Wii version of Rock Band. To make the porting to Wii easier, they left off online and DLC entirely knowing full well they'd have this retail package to sell instead.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

This is a good deal for PS2 owners with Rock Band. If the Wii version of Rock Band wasn't a complete joke, this might be ok.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Goddamitt. I just pooped my pants. Day one unclefuckers!

Whoa. This was unexpected. An awkward but appreciated workaround. Discounted, but with crap I don't want to make up for the discount. Not THAT bad I guess.

fkusumot said:

Goddamitt. I just pooped my pants. Day one unclefuckers!

Lovely

BAM! There it is!