By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Developers praise PS3s superior power.

to celebrate the new Sony forum.

Konami http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/05/30/silent-hill-5-interview-if-ps3-sells-it-could-be-exclusive/

Tsuboyama - claims Blu-ray will be a very necessary asset in their development of the game. The PS3, he says, is tough to work with, but when they get used to it, the processing power will be far beyond the other consoles. Konami and the team behind Silent Hill have looked at the current consoles and concluded they all have limitations that hamper their ideas for the game and delay progress. Except the PlayStation 3.

SquareEnix - http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=75579

"It's very interesting to explore the new hardware. When you've managed to harness the power in it the results become unbelievable. We're accomplishing things you hardly can manage without the PS3. The PS3 is such a powerful machine that the technical possibilities have a great influence over the game design and in the end, the entire game experience."

Kojima - http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4375

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well," he explained. "The 360 is a DVD, Wii is almost like a TV channel. Like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware"

Factor 5 - Julian Eggebrecht Ign weekly ep 43

"The very basic fact is you could not do this engine completely as you see it there on any other system but the PS3. We got so much physics running, so much animation running, we got the levels with 25,000 soldiers where we have to simulate the army combat which is going on on the ground we got all these dragons being animated of course. I think it would have been absolutely impossible on any other platform let alone a previous generation.

Free Radical - http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=43353&mode=thread&order=0

"It’s great. Working on PS3 has allowed us to create vastly superior environments that verge on photorealism – full-screen effects, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and obscenely complex shaders. Its more challenging than ever before, but the power is greater than anything else that’s out there."

Around the Network

I'm not denying the power of the PS3 here, i'm sure it's more powerful than the 360 although we haven't really seen it yet. However, if you look at these developers they are all staking a hell of a lot of money in Sony and have something to gain by saying things like this.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

well, it won`t help. =))
anti-sony guys must see by their own eyes, some games, which will impress them more, then all what they saw before.

So the real 60-70% PS3 power will be shown on E3 and TGS07. =)

But anyway, good finds. =)
There were also some interviews with MotorStorm developes and Heavenly Sword, also Haze, LittleBigPlanet about power of PS3.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
well, it won`t help. =))
anti-sony guys must see by their own eyes, some games, which will impress them more, then all what they saw before.

So the real 60-70% PS3 power will be shown on E3 and TGS07. =)

But anyway, good finds. =)
There were also some interviews with MotorStorm developes and Heavenly Sword, also Haze, LittleBigPlanet about power of PS3.

if i find those i will post them,but the words from F5 SS Kojima should be plenty for now.

johnsobas said:
I'm not denying the power of the PS3 here, i'm sure it's more powerful than the 360 although we haven't really seen it yet. However, if you look at these developers they are all staking a hell of a lot of money in Sony and have something to gain by saying things like this.

They are huge succesful independant developers that dont need Sony to do well.  They can pretty much say whatever they want, in no way can Sony punish them for it.

Around the Network

they can say whatever they want, but why would you say something bad about a system you have tens of millions of dollars invested in? If someone is being paid to tell you something is good, doesn't that affect how much you will believe them? I would take these comments with a grain of salt.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Factor 5 is owned by Sony. Konami, and Square Enix are making 30 million dollar games for the PS3, I wonder why they would want to hype it?

Blue3 said:
johnsobas said:

They are huge succesful independant developers that dont need Sony to do well.  They can pretty much say whatever they want, in no way can Sony punish them for it.

This is not really true ...

Often large publishers will have deals with console manufacturers to jointly advertize anticipated exclusive games; hypothetically speaking, Sony may devote $25,000,000 of its $500,000,000 PS3 promotion budget to advertizing MGS 4 as a PS3 exclusive game. This may not seem important, but few of the best selling third party games don't have this support.

Anyways, no one doubts that the PS3 is powerful ... In fact that is about the only really positive thing you can say about it.

I deleted the post because it was Sony bashing on their own forum.  I stand by what I said but I had no right posting it on their forum.