By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioShock on PS3 Confirmed

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/875/875945p1.html

he he he...I guess there was a major discussion on this point a few weeks ago? 

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network

One more +90% title for PS3. I hope for a solid port.

ok sony you have a chance to get this right as long as you fix the horrible splash effects and the constant texture pop in...please for the games sake

Well it seems that it will only have a slight graphical update :? I was hoping for a bit more ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

mesoteto said:
ok sony you have a chance to get this right as long as you fix the horrible splash effects and the constant texture pop in...please for the games sake
The splash effects I didn't mind.  I got the occassional frame-rate drop, but in two playthroughs of this game I haven't got texture pop-in once that I can recall.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

@k---you shouldn't count multi plat games for the total number of great games, exclusives are what count

also heres fingers crossed that we don't see another lost planet

Good as long as it's a good port, though I'd much prefer to have the PC version, I'd at least be able to rent this version and actually play through it rather than see the final hour o_0

starcraft said:
mesoteto said:
The splash effects I didn't mind. I got the occassional frame-rate drop, but in two playthroughs of this game I haven't got texture pop-in once that I can recall.

happened to me all the time, i perfered teh wrench and would run up on splicers all the time that were still "getting dressed" in textures and the splash that bothered me was near the begining by the plane crash, everything is great then i look over at the sinking tail and my jaw dropped... you also run into it again when teh preassure door buckles

but other then that i loved teh game, i was good teh first time threw, and very bad the next 

mesoteto said:
@k---you shouldn't count multi plat games for the total number of great games, exclusives are what count

also heres fingers crossed that we don't see another lost planet

So does that mean that Bioshock should be stricken from the great list of XBox360 games?  Of course not, that would be ridiculous.  A great game is a great game, no matter what console it is on.  Now if we were talking about which platform had a better list of exclusives, then sure, multiplatform games wouldn't count, but we aren't now, are we?  Please, let's not turn this into an XBox360 vs PS3 thread, like just about every thread that doesn't include the Wii.

As for Bioshock on PS3, meh.  I thought it was pretty overrated both in gameplay (I was expecting more depth than Doom 3 + Plasmids) and story (ugh, the last third of the game killed it).  Still, I seem to be in the minority when it comes to this game, so I'm sure that a lot of PS3 owners will enjoy the game.

I hope we have an "Oblivion type port"...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey