By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will pass 360 in Europe in two weeks time.

So VGC has 360 at 5,258,204 units, and PS3 at 5,203,865. Thats a difference of 54,339. The PS3 is outselling the 360 by roughly 30K every week, so in two weeks PS3 units > 360 units in Europe. 

The PS3 has been on the market for approximately 14 months in Europe, where as the 360 has been on the market for approximately 30 months. So the PS3 has sold more than twice as fast as the 360. Plus the 360 has had three christmas periods (the first was probably supply constraint though) as opposed to the PS3 just having one christmas period. 

Why has the PS3 caught up so quickly? Is the PS3 selling really well, or is the 360 just doing badly, or a combination of the two?

DISCUSS... 

Around the Network

Wow I didn't saw that =p. Yeah it will probably have sold more in two weeks and X360 probably never cath the PS3 ever again.

Umm other the 360 has 6.7 million vs. the ps3 5.97, the ps3 will definitely catch up, but i don't think it will be in three weeks.

WOW!!

Just shows that the PLAYSTATION BRAND Is still STRONG!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

FSUsmartboi said:
Umm other the 360 has 6.7 million vs. the ps3 5.97, the ps3 will definitely catch up, but i don't think it will be in three weeks.

He is talking about Europe only, not Europe+ Others.

Around the Network

sweetness

Yeah Europe only, not others. 

I wanna see how Starcrafts gonna spin this..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
I wanna see how Starcrafts gonna spin this..

he's gone for a while.

@darth

lol, it is a shame he's banned :).

Plus in three weeks MGS4 comes out to give PS3 a nice boost =)).