By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears of War 2 will bomb

Yh as the title says, Gears of war 2 will bomb.

i expect it to sell like 3 million if its lucky, life time sales. What do you think

^Discuss people.

I mean whos going to buy this when alot of other good games will be out. This shooter is going to be outdated before it is even released.

Gears of war 2 is x360's answer to killzone (ps2) I think Gears of war 2 is going to get an average review score of about 69/100 

Around the Network

Um care to explain why it will bomb?

Keep dreaming. Probably will be the number one title over the holiday season.

Yeah, because now 3 millions is considered a bomb...

Edit: Oh wait, that means that those 3 titles on the PS3(The ones above 3 millions) bombed??

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

BOMB as in blow away the competition, then yes it will bomb.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

err...you don't have any shred of logic for your statements there.

Here is why it wont bomb.

Gears 1 sold almost 5 mil and was widely recieved with open arms, xbox userbase has grown since by 9 million.

There isn't another shooter coming out other than Left 4 Dead in November. Xbox 360 is the home for shooters more than either of the other 2 consoles. 360 owners will be hungry for blood...

disolitude said:
err...you don't have any shred of logic for your statements there.

Here is why it wont bomb.

Gears 1 sold almost 5 mil and was widely recieved with open arms, xbox userbase has grown since by 9 million.

There isn't another shooter coming out other than Left 4 Dead in November. Xbox 360 is the home for shooters more than either of the other 2 consoles. 360 owners will be hungry for blood...

lol

it will bomb just like gears of war 1 right?

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

He must mean the review averages of Gears of War 2 will bomb in comparison to Gears of War. Gears of War 2 average review scores will be around low 70's.

Sales of 3 million for Gears of War 2 would be a huge letdown considering original Gears of War sold 5 million. Wait Gears of War 2 is an upgrade of a generic shooter game with slightly better graphics and more levels and a few new enemies.

BTW: I wonder how starcraft and the others would respond?

Massive explosion imminent!

I think you mean, why are people going to buy other games when this one is out.