By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This game is so awesome, you'd think it was on the 360;-)

This week I was banned, and in my subsequent alcohol-fueled VGC withdrawal, I stumbled into JB Hi-fi to pick up my pre-ordered but massively delayed (supply issues) copy of my next Wii game.  Shortly after doing so, I placed the disk into my Wii, and didn't leave said console for the remainder of the week.  It is extremely rare for an awesome game to come out this generation that isn't available on the Xbox 360.  It's only happened twice in my country, first with Zelda TP and second with Super Mario Galaxy.

On the 26th of May it happened again, because MarioKart Wii is amazing.

I've been absent from the series since it's N64 installment, having never owned a Gamecube.  I also played a little of the SNES game.  I am yet to take MKWii online, but have already had hours and hours of fun with the title.  I absolutely adore the extra numbers allowed in each race, the new and massive detonations from purple shells, and the sheer craziness of all the ways to gain extra speed, and bring your fellow racers to a halt.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the inequality of item distribution when your in first place, but I think its awesome that the game keeps me alert even after I establish a lead.  One of my main problems with the N64 game was the fact that once I got out in front noone touched me for the rest of the race, but thats all changed now, because I get absolutely pawned the moment I put my nose out in front.  The only reason I'm not playing right now is because my girlfriend and brother are on it, a testament to Nintendo's ability to make the game casual-accessible, but only possible for a hardcore to master.  

For example, though I'm yet to go online, I haven't even reached 150cc, prefering to master the early stages of the game first.   Congratulations on a stunning title Nintendo.  This game is worth FAR more than the scores it has been getting in reviews, and I'm sure it's value in my eyes will only increase once I take it online.  Though I haven't played any Wii game online yet, I understand MKWii is the best online-capable title the console has, so I'm psyched for it.

I'm still far from great at the game, and feel like I'm missing a few things here and there gameplay wise that could give me an edge, so if anyone has any tips please hit me with them.

Again, well done Nintendo, its excellent. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

If you haven't played any of the other MK games, I can understand why you think it should've scored higher. It is, however, far too similar to its prequels to be worth more than it received.

Shameless said:
If you haven't played any of the other MK games, I can understand why you think it should've scored higher. It is, however, far too similar to its sequels to be worth more than it received.
But like I said, I did play the N64 and SNES versions, and I still think this title should be 90+!

Its rare for an awesome game to come out this gen that isn't on the 360??

You really need to curb your trolling Starcraft... Otherwise it will be a perma-ban for you next i would imagine...

RolStoppable said:
Not sure whether I should report your post or should challenge you to a Mario Kart Wii duel to punish you for your trolling.

Haha.  Report me for what?  This post is so overwhelmingly pro a non-360 console it hurt my hands writing it.

But feel free to PM me your MKW friend code.  And while your at it, let me know what the process for getting that console online is, because its all going to be French to me when I try next week.

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
Its rare for an awesome game to come out this gen that isn't on the 360??

You really need to curb your trolling Starcraft... Otherwise it will be a perma-ban for you next i would imagine...

I didn't say they were exclusive did I?  90%+ of Xbox 360 games are on the PS3 and/or PC.  Instead of picking single lines out of my post that have nothing to do with the overall point of said post, maybe you should go play some of those titles on your PS3?

Mario Kart 64 was quality, Double Dash was quality, but MKWii is completely unbalanced by the motorbikes...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Mario Kart 64 was quality, Double Dash was quality, but MKWii is completely unbalanced by the motorbikes...

I actually enjoy the bikes.  I feel they add something.

But I'm hearing everyone disallows them when they play online? 

I enjoy the bikes when i play, but only because they are blatantly the faster vehicle

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Nah, I don't think he's trolling. The games he thinks are the best are usually on the 360 for him. You should be happy he considers this Nintendo game the same way. Maybe he'll get more games and not have such a harsh view of the Wii.

Give him a break.

@Shameless
Give ME a break.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."