By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Pinback Thread

So...I've noticed a few Pinback fans here on the site. Thought this could be a good place to discuss the band.

Here's my favorite from them:

Obviously this thread isn't going to be popular....but with a little effort we can keep it alive.

What are your favorite songs? Have you seen them live? Do you follow the bands around them?

And if you've never heard them....give them a try.

Around the Network

way awesome song so chilled so perfect i can listen to them over and over again

by the nice thread bro its good to see a change from games

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

Too much nothing going on, feels empty really..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
Too much nothing going on, feels empty really..

It matches the theme of the song...but since you're here...let me post another from the same album:

There is no official video, but I thought this GTA video was fitting for VGChartz.

Let me be more clearer, it does sound good. But i hate music that sounds generic or not special in any way. What separates this band from another of the same genre? Why is he singing so softly, is it supposed to give me a relaxed feeling? I don't listen to music to become relaxed, i already am relaxed when listening to music, so it needs energy, bursting out of the speakers.

anyways, i am disturbing your thread so i will leave it with this =P

Around the Network

That's cool, Neos. I think that's the difference in our musical preferences. I like a little NIN from time to time, but basically it makes me angry/anxious...which is why I can only listen to it in short bursts.

Edit: and you weren't disturbing anything.

super_etecoon said:

That's cool, Neos. I think that's the difference in our musical preferences. I like a little NIN from time to time, but basically it makes me angry/anxious...which is why I can only listen to it in short bursts.

Edit: and you weren't disturbing anything.

Oh okay, im glad we can talk about this in a mature way. Not a your music sucks and mine rules way xD.  But yeah, you are more than right, the music does make me angry sometimes. The thing is, whenever i have a bad day, or just victim of the natural things in the world, i can only listen to that music. That's the time when you appreciate that music i guess. Whenever i am not in such a mood, i got enough alternatives like..

Also, after listening some more songs from Pinback i have come to the conclusion it's good music to listen to when you're busy doing homework and such =D

Yeah....I like everything Tool pre-Lateralus. It seems that whatever I liked about Tool got diverted to a Perfect Circle.

When I'm feeling angry, I don't want something to make me more angry...I'm looking for something to divert it or make me realize how pointless it is....and for that. I prefer a little Modest Mouse:

This is Parting of the Sensory...off their We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank cd. Again...no official video. And try to make it through the whole thing, even if you just leave it in the background.

So did you listen to that song, Neos?

Didnt like Pinback.
The modest mouse song was ok.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur