By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GH:On Tour DS Gets a 9.0 from IGN

Wow, I expected a much worse score. They really liked the control setup.

In case you didn't see my other thread, if you buy from amazon you'll get a $20 gift certificate. I'm not sure if this offer is available though the VGC store, but I'm looking into it.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/883/883357p1.html

Closing Comments
I’m not going to defend Guitar Hero: On Tour as a stand-alone: if you want the absolute Guitar Hero experience you really should grab the real deal for whatever console you may have. It’s a lot cooler and more social to jam out with full-sized guitars. But even though Guitar Hero: On Tour might not feel like playing guitar, it definitely feels like playing Guitar Hero: it’s an excellent portable representation of the full experience, and it’s incredibly hard to think of any way to do it better than how Vicarious Visions did it. The gameplay is spot on, and the peripheral’s great construction enhances the experience. What could have easily been a cheap, licensed rhythm game cop-out on the Nintendo DS is actually a serious project that works extremely well on the handheld.

Around the Network

I expect high reviews for this game.

It's Guitar hero, done right, mobile. Should be awesome.

Edit - But IGN is easily impressed with anything that can transition from a console to a portable machine.  They tend to review all games that are reviewed high on consoles, then perfectly ported to a portable good.  God of War:  Chains of Olympus, both Syphon Filters, etc.

That's really good, I thought it would get a 6 or 7. Still not getting it though, too much $.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a high score for this game. If I ever buy a DS I'd definitely buy this game.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

They don't give that many DS games a 9 though. 9.0 is the same score they gave Zelda PH.

Around the Network

this was unexpected for me too, great that it got good reviews, I plan to buy this eventually.

Dam, I need a DS lite now

mM

Wow I had no idea the game was going to turn out so great, my friends and I were laughing at the idea of it coming to the DS. I'll show my friend this review and maybe he'll want to buy it (I don't play GH, he does).

I'll have to try it sometime as well.

Maybe I'll get it if it ever comes down in price.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

^ yeah, I might do that too