By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just beat majora's mask again and realized how depressing the game is.

That last tie I played the game I was 8 years old so I guess I didn't really understand too much, but the game is really depressing. Especially the music, and the last few cutscenes.  The characters in the game make you feel so bad for them such as the goron and zora who died, and all of the giants. But when everything gets healed you can't help but feel relieved and proud of yourself. I hope the next zelda game takes this type of approach. Twilight princess was dark, but I think the mood that was set in Majora's Mask was much darker because of this depressing tone. Majora's Mask is by far one of my favorite zelda games and one of my favorite games overall.  I feel this game was far underated, and even prefer it to ocarina. So what is your opinion on Majora's Mask?

Around the Network

Hahah yeah, the game is really psychologically messed up. Did you catch the whole deal with the Deku Scrub? That one is a little more hidden, and pretty damn sad. =P The whole atmosphere in that game is so dark and gloomy, and it has plenty of human drama as well. It's really amazing. Everyone's reactions in that game feel so real and depressing at the same time, the world really comes to life.

It's my favorite game of all time.

I think it's the most original Zelda of them all. It's so different then the others in the series. Different but good.. It's like the dark sequel of the Ocarina of Time.. I really loved it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Clock town was awsome. Time travel was a good idea but too hard. I wish they had a song that you could use starting in the 2nd dungeon that would stop time completely... only while in the dungeon. I know you could 1/2 the time but it was still too tough.

^^It's available on Gamecube.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
wfz said:

Hahah yeah, the game is really psychologically messed up. Did you catch the whole deal with the Deku Scrub? That one is a little more hidden, and pretty damn sad. =P The whole atmosphere in that game is so dark and gloomy, and it has plenty of human drama as well. It's really amazing. Everyone's reactions in that game feel so real and depressing at the same time, the world really comes to life.

It's my favorite game of all time.

Um no I didn't catch it.

Here is some sad music from the game.

This sets the dark mood.

Also did anybody feel bad for skull kid? I did.

Yeah I realised it much more these days than I did when I first played the game (I was terrified by the moon's face though). But yeah it has really this constant fear/sadness/depression feeling through the whole game... What I like the most about the game, other than the NPCs, is that it's very different from the other Zelda games but it still feels like one.

Soriku said:
thekitchensink said:
^^It's available on Gamecube.

MM's available on the GC?

Yeah it is in the collector's edition that has OoT MM The original, and Zelda 2, along with a windwaker demo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Collectors-Edition-GameCube-4-Games_W0QQitemZ120274524888QQihZ002QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Zelda Collector's Edition, if I recall correctly. You can find used copies at a local game store or on eBay. I don't know if there are any other alternatives, though.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™