By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Expectations - Are you Happy?

Expectations was brought out in an another thread but off topic, I feel this is a pretty good topic so I figure I create a thread for it.

What were you're expectations when you first purchased your console and are you happy?

Here's my take - Xbox 360

I think every gaming expectation I had was met and surpassed, I would of never thought that the 360 would be the RPG console this generation. I never expected that the 360 would still be ahead two years after the PS3 launch, not only that but by almost 6 million consoles.

I think its awesome that the 360 has console exclusives from Valve, Epic, Square Enix, Capcom and many others. I would of never expected a holiday season like last years with the release of so many hits like Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Halo. I also love the fact that the 360 is still used as the lead console in almost every game.

So have your expectations been met?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Yes and it is also good that there is healthy competition it stops one or the other getting lazy.

The 360 broke a lot of expectations I had so I'm happy. The Wii was pretty disappointing after launch but it's definitely a great gaming console right now, and a must have for any gamer.

I am happy with my purchase of Wii and 360. The ps3 is my only dissatisfied purchase as I am still waiting for WKS, Socom and other games.

My expectations with the 360 have been met...but not surpassed. I thought the original Xbox was quite amazing and I spent my time playing it as much as the ps2 (if not more) after 2004. I loved Halo's, Chronicles of riddick, Doom 3, Halflife 2, Online Street fighter, Ninja Gaiden, Fable, online play on live in general...and I expected the 360 to expand and be just as good for its time and it is.

Wii I never had much expectations from...and despite that I am dissapointed. Mostly due to lack of first and 3rd party M rated games... Nintendo seems to be interested in any market they can get $$$ from and since they know they can't outperform 360 and ps3 when it comes to mature games, it doens't seem like they will bother making any themselves nor will they spend money to licence any 3rd party exclusives. Atleast gamecube had Metal Gear remake, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 1 remake, Eternal Darkness, Giest, RE4...etc

PS3 I'm still on the fence... Its a great technical system and the new firmware could give it online as good as 360 but for free. But the games are just not there yet though. MGS4 is the only must play title on that system for me.

Around the Network

I'm very happy with my DS, 360, and Wii.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

i am very happy with my PS3.

i am very happy with my PS3.

DS is the best video game machine ever made. So yeah, I'm happy.

Slightly happy 360 owner, pretty happy Wii owner, not happy PSP owner. Future happy PS3 owner.