By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - nintendo not letting success go to their head

http://gonintendo.com/?p=48396

“We recognize we’re in a special place and we don’t make any assumptions about how long it will last. As long as we continue to put out games that appeal to a wide range of consumers, we’ll be in a good place.” - Denise Kaigler, NoA vice president of Marketing & Corporate Affairs

This is the type of attitude that we want to see Nintendo displaying. They know they are doing really well, but they aren’t going to brag, or become full of themselves. The goal is to keep creating products that will appeal to the core and expanded audience…which is exactly what got them where they are now.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Nintendo are great and it's good they don't brag about their greatness

^well i hope they wont do what they did last time when they were winning

NOA is basically a regional figurehead component of Nintendo. The key thing is Iwata and co in Japan not letting themselves get complacent.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

lol the first person who responded took exactly what I was going to say.

Reggie = Teddy Roosevelt of the gaming world - except he doesn't speak softly about the competition - he instead doesn't metion them at all, which I believe cuts deeper than a thousand paper cuts on the same spot then a thousand more on the scab.

Let's wait until E3 where he starts talking about direct competition, or satisfying the core wii owners.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

This is a much improved Nintendomination compared to the NES/SNES one. They were similar to Sony's attitude going into this gen. Maybe even a little worse. Hopefully it won't take Sony 8+ years to learn Nintendo's new found appreciative and humble attitude.

Hopefully Nintendo Japan has this attitude as well.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Pfft this guy is just as meaningless as that guy who made the geeks and otaku comment.

What we have to worry about is the Nintendo officials in Japan getting arrogant, they are the ones with the real power.

^yeah i hope they dont get cocky

Iwata seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Unlike Yamauchi, he knows very well how bad things can become if complacency sets if. I doubt he'll ever forget how grim things looked during the era of the purple lunch box.

^i hope your right,i dont want them to make the same mistake