By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Correct Forum , Adressing Issue of recent ban

Some of your are probably wondering why I was banned ( along with the XX number of people also banned this week) .  Well i'm here to explain just that.

I innocently started a post about how the internet was killing english , I jokingly mentioned the possibility of americans also being the culprits.

"ab·bre·vi·a·tion

1. The act or product of shortening.

spell·ing 

1. The forming of words with letters in an accepted order

From my experience the killing of the english language started with abbreviations such as "lol" and "lmao" but now we''ve advanced ( or degraded depending on how you look at it) into abbreviations for pretty much everything IMO (in my opinion) IMHO, POS (piece of shit) ROLF , pwned , FYI , etc etc etc

And on top of this there also seems to be a degrade in the spelling ability of the average user , i'm not talking about people who don't speak english as their first language and i'm not sure wether it's due to an influx of 9-12's gaining acess to the internet but it's a really troubling sign for the future.

I'm 17 , i'm not claiming to be some highly articulate , grammatical pro and i'm not saying everyone else should be either but I think it's agreed that the internet is pretty much killing our language.(or maybe the americans are lol)

It's coming to the point where dialogue on the internet wouldn't even be readable by some one born before 19XX , I mean i'm very guilty of it myself but still it's quite worrying."

A certain moderator ( who won't be mentioned ) decided that my thread was I quote " Anit- American" , I found this amazing considering it had nothing to do with america , 1 out of the 30 or so replies felt I was being offensive to americans when in truth I never seriously attributed the degrade in language on the internet to americans.

ab·bre·vi·a·tion

1. The act or product of shortening.

spell·ing 

1. The forming of words with letters in an accepted order

From In my experience, the killing of the English language started with abbreviations such as "lol" and "lmao," but now we''ve we've advanced ( or degraded, depending on how you look at it) into abbreviations for pretty much everything;, IMHO, POS (piece of shit), ROLF , pwned , FYI , etc. etc etc IMO (in my opinion)

And On top of this, the spelling ability of the average user seems to have degraded . I'm not talking about people who don't speak English as their first language, and I'm not sure wether whether it's due to an influx of 9-12's nine to twelve year-olds gaining acess access to the internet, but it's a really troubling sign for the future.

I'm 17 , and I'm not claiming to be some highly-articulate , grammatical pro, and I'm not saying everyone else should be either, but I think it's agreed that the internet is pretty much killing our language (or maybe the Americans are lol).

It's coming to the point where dialogue on the internet wouldn't even be readable by some one born before 19XX . I mean, I'm very guilty of it myself, but still it's it's still quite worrying.

Both you and your topic get an F.  See me after class for a warning on the anti-American crap.  Locking.

I really feel the mod in question is actualy out to get me for reasons beyond my knowledge , he/she actualy took the time to grammar/spell check my whole post and then followed it up by a highly unproffesional comment , I was prompted to reply to this mod once he IMO unjustifably locked my thread.

If you don't have a girlfriend and are just nitpicking for stupid reasons to lock threads so you can feel justified with yourself at the end of the day then I feel sorry for you , it was little joke hardly anti american , america had nothing to do with my post or the thread in question.

English people regularly make fun of americans in a joking sense and vice verca , hell american people even make fun of american people . -1 For finding an adequet reason to lock the thread , and a further -1 for being a grammar nazi which detracted nothing from my main point.

I'll make it clear that I don't really like you , I don't think your a half decent mod and couldn't possibly comprehend why anyone on these forums would . You probably don't care , I certainly don't care but I will make my opinion ofyou  ,known to you.

Both you and your thread lockings get an F .
"

I then received  a ban ( I think it was 5 days ) for merely voicing my opinion  which I was provoked to do so in response to the unjust locking of my thread, maybe I wouldn't have got the ban if my opinion was voice pubicly but i'm sure the thread or post would have been deleted/locked and resulted in me getting a ban anyway.

Imperial and me go to the same college so he made his return when I was banned , using my computer , he's not an alternate accout just in case certain moderators may want to trace our I.P adresses to proove things which aren't so.

I think the way in which PS3/360 fans keep being banned yet Wii fans such as ****DELETED******(oh yeah he's a mod ) can get away with posting anti PS3/360 crap and still get away with it.

After getting banned for reasons I honestly can't remember ( I know it was due to Sony fan prejudice )  I felt it my duty to represent my fallen banned members even if one of them are 360 supporters.

If i have to spend the next week listing Wii Fans troll/bash the PS3/Wii then I will because it seems Mods like****DELETED**** prey on PS3 fans yet leave Nintnedo supporters to their own devices. We need Mods that actualy support Sony like SSJ12 so that we aren't victimised.

My point isn't that they were innocent of being banned but that nintendo fans don't receive the same treatment. Or maybe the whole moderation/banning system is inadequet.

Edit : i'm asking for everyone who supports this to join me in --BOYCOTT BIASED... MODS--  ,

i don't exactly know how we can boycot mods but it's important to let our opinion about unfairness amongst the moderators be known.

I have a real problem with the way certain  moderators are abusing their powers of locking/banning , I'm a moderator on Ukmusic.com/forum  (User : Halo ) and our approach to moderation is far more proffesional and uniform than it is here. I'm requesting an overhaul in the way the moderations system operates.

All I want is fairness and unifromity in moderation , I find it quite sad that i've had to waste all this time for the sake of being treated like a forum member should.

ALL MODERATOR NAMES HAVE BEEN OMMITED , I'M 100% THAT THIS THREAD IS FREE OF ANYTHING THAT MIGHT RESULT IN IT'S LOCKING OR MY BANNING , I'VE GONE THROUGH EVERY LINE OF THE FORUM RULES.

Edit: I've put even more research into this finding instances were Nintnedo supporters have been guilty of offences which 360/PS3 fans are frequently banned for .

Neos

"americans and their silly non-meaning holidays =P"  Anti American Eh ?

"I was at my mediamarkt today, and i saw no wii's and stacks of ps3's and xbox360's.

clearly this is only in your town. Tell me, where exactly can i find imaginationland?" Trolling ?

"dear god , you have the brain of a 3 year old. That or 3 year old nowadays are getting smart.." Offensive ?

Zenfolder

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31691
"I am an oldschool Nintendo fanboy" Proof !

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31889

leo-j said:
Because people are upgrading from the DS to the psp.

Zen Said
"Or because the main course is so good, they figured they'd also take home the leftovers. Troll !!

You can't upgrade from the DS to the PSP unless your looking for a good MP3 player."Troll !!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31862

"This brings to mind an image of Miyamoto setting on a throne, smoking a cigar wrapped in a hundred dollar bill, laughing, drinking scotch, and throwing darts at a PS3." Troll !!

Soriku

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?tab=forum&id=17449
"Edit: OK, I'll just say any of leo-j's predictions are sad..."

"Insults. Attacking other users for any reason is never acceptable. This includes racism and bigotry. Do not insult someone's religion, race, sex, sexuality, nationality, political beliefs, or gaming preferences. Debate is encouraged, but respect the beliefs and opinions of others."

Edit : Thread has nothing to do with SSJ12.

Around the Network

i have a feeling this will also get locked.

I did notice that you were banned and the reactions that everyone was giving you was complete crap. They took it way out of content(context, whichever one is supposed to be used), i went to your page while you were banned and it said you insulted a mod through a PM, i figured it was the one that gave you an F

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

i'm afraid this will result in more bannings...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If this thread is locked it further supports my point , that's all i'll say on the matter.

Same reason as the other one. If you think you're a victim of some horrible crime then perhaps you should find another forum, as it is you were given warning.

To Each Man, Responsibility