By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 3 MGS4 bundle sales up 4,033% on Amazon

From Talkplaystation:

Yes thats right. The Metal Gear Solid 4 Playstation 3 Bundle has shot up in sales by 4,033% at Amazon.com.

The bundle, which includes Konami Inc.’s latest Metal Gear Solid entry, held a 4,033 percent sales increase by Thurs. afternoon to rank at No. 6 in the Video Games division.

http://talkplaystation.com/mgs4-ps3-bundle-sales-up-4033/

Well, this was predictable, as Sony stated it would begin to restock the bundle on July 7th,; so expect high sales for the ps3 in North America in next week's numbers.

Note: Don't you think it was a really bad desicion from Sony not to meet demand for a bundle that consists of an ultra-hyped game until one month after the game's launch?

I think so.

Around the Network

And here come the seals.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

If sony can keep up with demand for this bundle for the next month or two then they can easily hit 16 million by October of 2008

Thats alot good for ps3 and mgs4.

Amazon is a horrible indicator of just about everything. Also the % it goes up isn't a sales %. It's the percentage of sales from the number it last was on the sellers list. (IIRC.)

During last December Gamecube was #5 on the Amazon best sellers list.

Around the Network

Well, Sony underestimated demand. Like Nintendo.

I don't know about that. The percentage is meaningless; I mean, is it 40 x 10? 40 x 100? 40 x 5000? We don't know, so high PS3 sales aren't guaranteed.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Gobias said:
And here come the seals.

Where is Dolla Dolla?

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I'll wait for NPD.

What were the sales like before... 0? That means that no 80GB has been sold.