By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I the only one underwhelmed by GH3 Aerosmith Wii sales ?

I believe GH3 Aerosmith to be the first major BIG game released simultaneously on HD Consoles and Wii and not suffering from having a different version for the Wii than for the HD consoles ( there have been others before but no real big franchise like GH).

On top of that I would say the game should easilly tap into the more casual Wii customers.

And still week 1 NA we get :

Xbox 360 : 136k units for a 11.9 Mill install base

Wii : 96k units for a 12.69 Mill install base

PS3 : 67.9 k units for a 5.31 Mill install base.

Base on the install base and the fact that you would believe a game like GH would more easilly sit well with Wii owners the week 1 Wii sales look very lackluster to me...

This might explain the unwillingness of some developers to invest into development of high budget Wii titles.

I can't even remember if we ever had a game sell less on the PS2 than on the Xbox or the GC from the time the PS2 started to dominate the market...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Maybe there aren't that many Aerosmith fans with a Wii?

I dunno, GH Aerosmith is a totally uninteresting game anyway.

I'm more disapointed that there are over 250,000 people who like Aerosmith enough to buy this game on day one ... (Yikes)

Wii owners are less core and don't tend to buy a buy as soon as it comes out. Wii versions always have smaller opennings and longer legs as a result.

The fact that it's as close as it is at launch guarantees the Wii version will far outsell the 360 version - in time.

Ail said:

I believe GH3 Aerosmith to be the first major BIG game released simultaneously on HD Consoles and Wii and not suffering from having a different version for the Wii than for the HD consoles ( there have been others before but no real big franchise like GH).

On top of that I would say the game should easilly tap into the more casual Wii customers.

And still week 1 NA we get :

Xbox 360 : 136k units for a 11.9 Mill install base

Wii : 96k units for a 12.69 Mill install base

PS3 : 67.9 k units for a 5.31 Mill install base.

Base on the install base and the fact that you would believe a game like GH would more easilly sit well with Wii owners the week 1 Wii sales look very lackluster to me...

This might explain the unwillingness of some developers to invest into development of high budget Wii titles.

I can't even remember if we ever had a game sell less on the PS2 than on the Xbox or the GC from the time the PS2 started to dominate the market...

Let's wait a few weeks to see the results before saying that developers don't want to invest on Wii...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

why buy this game when GH world tour is only 3 months away?
everyone is not Aerosmith fan btw

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Like GR said, Gh 3 Wii started out far less than GH3 360 but it's almost caught up thanks to it having crazy legs. Those casual Wii players you brought up will buy it eventually. I don't know if it'll outsell the 360 version but it should do decent against it.

Cougarman said:
why buy this game when GH world tour is only 3 months away?
everyone is not Aerosmith fan btw

The same applies to all 3 consoles though.....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

1) Guitar Hero 3 Wii is on its way to sell more than the 360 version. Take into account that every Wii owner had to buy the guitar and 360 owners had the option to use GH 2 guitar. On the first week the 360 version sold 2X more than the Wii version.

2) This version is a spin off, kinda like Rock the 80`s. Don`t expect the same numbers.

3) Whoring out a franchise can only take you so far. look at Tony Hawk sales
http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=tony+hawk&console=&developer=&publisher=&genre=&keyword=&order=Sales

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Wii games always take longer to sell. Wii gamers seem to not realize when games come out. People use that as ammo that games do not do well on a wii, yet if they waited 3 months they would see the wii sales going through the roof.

This is my signature.