By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Olympics - concept game...

I was playing Wii Sports (again) last night, when I started thinking what other (similar) games could the Wii do, that would be just as fun. Then it hit me... the Olympics! Take the biggest world-wide sports "brand", combine with a truly world-wide event, something that garners billions of viewers... and throw in the Wiimote. The potential for this game (esp. if they got it with proper online competition) would be phenomenal. I'll list some of the events that I think would work nicely, you could pretty much list every event hosted... - Javelin (dont let go of that Wiimote!) - running/sprint events - various swimming events/strokes - table tennis - cycling - rowing (two wiimotes?) - most sports ..etc.. With the Olympics starting early 2008, I think would be an awesome title/opportunity. No idea who has the license this time around, but I seriously hope they develop a (decent) Wii game - its a bit of a no-brainer really :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

That's actually a great idea!! I'd be suprised if Nintendo weren't thinking along similar lines...

PS4 said: That's actually a great idea!! I'd be suprised if Nintendo weren't thinking along similar lines...
Wow - a compliment! :) (thanks... its so nice to be on a forum where can actually be positive!). I agree (about Nintendo) - and still think that any form of online Wii Sports title would rock.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

I know the Wii is getting the 2008 olympics game. But I'm really not going to be expecting too much. But if the Wii could make Olympic tie in games any fun... It'd be one of the greatest achievements in VG history.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Double post

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

What about that sweeping game? or cricket? They better do this... great idea.

Wii Olympics....Not a bad idea. '08 Olympics are coming....Would sound great! But if it went Live....would Nintendo pay for all of that stuff?

superchunk said: What about that sweeping game? or cricket? They better do this... great idea.
It's called Curling. :P

Javelin: It might work. However, javelin throwing is much more complicated than you might think. It's not just about strength, it's about using the knowlegde of body kinetics. The Wii isn't able to measure how well you use the entire body and cheating with the speed would be easy. People would just strain their muscles. Here's the basics of javelin: http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/javelin/index.htm Running: ? Swimming: don't think it would be good. Cycling: gosh no. That would be like competetive walking. Rowing: Rowing is all about coping with the resistance of the water, so no, I don't tink it would work. However, as someone already mentioned, Curling would be a perfect game for the Wii. Some others: baseball, ice-hockey, skeleton, archery, fencing, handball, volley-ball, cricket, croquet, polo.

The idea I had for rowing was simply to use two Wiimotes, and get the timing right. Depending on the setup of the crew, either use them in time, or out of time (and in time with the other members). May not be great, but it could sort of work. (Wii Tennis isn't so much about the power or strength, as it is about timing and placement).

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website