Forums - Sales Discussion - Japanese HW Sales for Week Ending July 20, 2008

PSP- 79k

NDS- 61k

Wii- 43k

PS3- 11k

360- 4.5k

Around the Network

The 360 wins ww for the 1st week this year

No it got 2nd for the first time. Wins first time between PS3 and 360 if that's what ya mean.

4.5k is quite impressive for 360 considering it's Japan. It seems like buying all those exclusive JRPG's wasn't 100% in vain....only 95%.

The Tab is flowing in Redmond today.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
No it got 2nd for the first time. Wins first time between PS3 and 360 if that's what ya mean.

The wii is fake, and even if it was real it isn't competiting. It isn't even a video game console, it is a toy.

Anyways what I think is most intriguing is that both PSP and DS this week sold more units individually than all 3 next generation consoles combined. Really shows how much that market is shifting towards handhelds.

The numbers seem sort of low for the PS3. I thought Tears to Tiara was supposed to give it a boost?

Ahh well, the status quo should be restored in a week or two just like the battle between the Wii vs. PS3.

Looks like the PS3 is back to its pre-MGS4 sales levels. Plus, it looks like Tears to Tiara failed to stimulate any significant sales of that console.

Wii is chugging along as usual. DS and PSP are selling a ton. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 4.5k actually pretty high for the 360?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Good ,that inmense amount of money they have put in the table for FFXIII have managed them 1-1.5K more sales ....lets see if for a week or a bit more.

So much for the DS beating the PSP this week....a big difference of sales.