By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom Q1 FY 2008 result

Capcom Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce that net sales increased to 16,352 million yen (up 14.5% from the same term last year), operating income increased to 2,978 million yen (up 43.5% from the same term last year) and net income increased to 4,024 million yen (up 60.1% from the same term last year) in consolidated financial results for the 1st Quarter ended June 30, 2008.

In Home Video Games business, the sales of “Monster Hunter Freedom 2G” (for PlayStation Portable) have been skyrocketing since its release on March 27, 2008, becoming the first Japanese software title for PlayStation Portable to achieve record breaking sales of over 2 million units. The great contribution of “Monster Hunter Freedom 2G” drastically increased both sales and profits.

Arcade Operations, on the other hand, continued to struggle in the severe business environment and showed a weak performance, although that has been covered by the favorable results of Home Video Games Business.

Forecast for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2009 is not changed due to continuous weak performance of Arcade Operations business.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e080730b.html

Shipped Figures

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G = 2.48 Million shipped (Japan + Asia)
Lost Planet Colonies: 390,000 (worldwide)
Okami Wii: 280,000 (NA + Europe)

Sales Expectations
Resident Evil 5 (PS3 + 360) - 2,300,000
Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360, PC) - 1,700,000
Bionic Commando (PS3, 360, PC) - 1,500,000
Dead Rising: Chop Till Your Drop (Wii) - 500,000

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

Good for them.

I think they are being very conservative on those Resident Evil 5 expectations, and have too much faith in Bionic Commando.

It is no brainer that Resident Evil 5 will sell around 4 million at least. Okami number is a bit dissapointing. I hope Capcom will vanish in the next two years. :)

By the way, can anyone report the result in US dollar?

Okami..280k shipped..
That is good number...

Did you guys saw that

Sales Expectations
Resident Evil 5 (PS3 + 360) - 2,300,000
Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360, PC) - 1,700,000
Bionic Commando (PS3, 360, PC) - 1,500,000

Seems too low for RE5 and too high for SFIV & BC, but I guess they should have a better idea of sales than me.

Around the Network

Wow , to LP Colonies.

They dont seem to have faith in Re5 for the HD consoles do they

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Forecasts are for this FY which makes sense for RE5 as that releases towards the end of theis FY.

Doesn't this mean Okami is way undertracked??

RE5 launches March 13, 2009.

Fiscal year ends March 30, 2009.

So RE5 will sell 2.5 million units in two and a half weeks.

Can someone do a yen-to-dollar translation?