By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft almost got me to buy a new 360.

So I saw that the 360 arcade was  about  to drop to sub Wii levels and I said to myself "You know what that's really not a bad deal." See I'm looking to get another HD console as I have 2 very nice HDTVs and well for the one in the bedroom the Gamecube is looking shall we say "Dated".

But then I did some asking around and with the 360 you have to use the X-Box brand harddrive with it. I had not assumed this since the PS3 can be upgraded with most laptop Harddrives correct? Well a 20 gig HD for 360 is another $90 bucks. Boooo. Honestly I was looking  forward to  perhaps having a 360 in the bedroom. Oh well.  Is there any way to make a PS2 look good on an HDTV?

Around the Network

basically if you pay what? $50 for XBL a year and a new 20 GB drive (50+90+199+tax= not worth it) Thats more than $300 bucks.

I believe there is a way to make your PS2 games look good on the HDTV but I am not sure. Doesn't the PS3 make it look better?

Buy a PS3 and it will upsacle games, but you have to get the 80GB one

probably buy a 360 Arcade if it drops below $200...

mod edit: warez are bad, Hmmkay? -Sqrl

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

kingofwale said:
probably buy a 360 Arcade if it drops below $200...

warez are bad, Hmmkay?

hmmmm, not a bad idea. HMMMMMMMMMMMM. especially with multiplatform games, why should I pay $60 bucks on one console when I can get it for FREE!

Around the Network

where are you getting the 90 bucks thing?

199 + 30 (found a bunch on ebay for this)+ 45 or a year of live

so that puts yeah about 274

so its still a good deal

I'd like to buy a 360 for Gears of War 2 this Fall, but I've heard about a new revision that I feel I should wait for in the hope of avoiding RROD.

Does anyone know when the X360 "Jasper" is coming out? Last I had heard it was set for August 2008. "Jasper" is the new Xbox 360 chipset revision with a 65nm processor (instead of 90nm) that will run cooler while consuming less power.

Then there is also "Valhalla", the last Xbox 360 revision set for Fall 2009 with the 65nm CPU and a new 65nm GPU combined into one single super-chip. As good as that sounds Gears of War 2 will likely prevent me from waiting that long to buy one!

mesoteto said:
where are you getting the 90 bucks thing?

199 + 30 (found a bunch on ebay for this)+ 45 or a year of live

so that puts yeah about 274

so its still a good deal

let's just say... "i bought this at this price on eBay".. really isn't a good argument.

it's the MSRP people always refer to.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Leetgeek said:

So I saw that the 360 arcade was about to drop to sub Wii levels and I said to myself "You know what that's really not a bad deal." See I'm looking to get another HD console as I have 2 very nice HDTVs and well for the one in the bedroom the Gamecube is looking shall we say "Dated".

But then I did some asking around and with the 360 you have to use the X-Box brand harddrive with it. I had not assumed this since the PS3 can be upgraded with most laptop Harddrives correct? Well a 20 gig HD for 360 is another $90 bucks. Boooo. Honestly I was looking forward to perhaps having a 360 in the bedroom. Oh well. Is there any way to make a PS2 look good on an HDTV?

Microsoft lowered the price of 20GB HDDs to $49.99...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

You have 600+ posts on a gaming website. I refuse to believe you were unaware that the Xbox 360 had a proprietary HDD.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS