By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintndo gives proof of third party Wii sales.

Here's That Wii Third Party Sales Proof You Requested

This is the first 19 months for each system, but even when the system launched, Wii third party games were still selling between 360 and PS3 third party games. After Guitar Hero III, Wii third party games took off (although that helped the PS3 third party games as well).

Of course since this is on Kotaku, the fanboys changed the line from just straight "Third party games don't sell on the Wii," to "What is the attach ratio?" (which is stupid, since the PS2 and GC had nearly the same attach ratio, and we know which came out on top), or "Show us the Metacritic scores! This will prove it's all shovelware!" (also stupid, since not only are the overall Wii reviews only slightly lower than the other systems, the term shovelware means slapping software onto a disc, not whether a game is made for less than severl million and made for casual adiences).

What this chart does prove is that games do sell on the Wii, even by third parties, so claims you can't succeed on the system are really shaky (especially if Ubisoft is still spending lots of their casual game money to fund Red Steel 2).

This also proves that with so many games sold on the 360, and this only covers the first 19 months, it's more likely just raw sales potential was the factor in FF XIII going multiplatform.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

wow, just wow!

i think it was posted already

Don't we already know that Wii Third-Party sales are in good shape?

The only ones who say otherwise are the delusional ones.

RolStoppable said:
Aww... there's a little dog in that graph.

I think it's from a cartoon I used to watch.

Around the Network

I rather have a cat >_>

DMeisterJ said:
Don't we already know that Wii Third-Party sales are in good shape?

The only ones who say otherwise are the delusional ones.

But now Nintendo has the power of official graphs! And if anyone continues to doubt their games can sell on the Wii, like id Software (Epic doesn't count, since they use a different excuse), Nintendo will punish them with more graphs and bore them to tears!

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

pichu_pichu said:
I rather have a cat >_>

Yes, I'm partial to cats too.

OT: 

I'm patiently awaiting for this thread to blow up.  Someone will come in here and spew nonsense, and I'll be here for the fireworks.

Nice, over the past 5 months PS3 3rd party sales have done really well in terms of keeping up w/360 sales.  Probably a better attach rate.

DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
Aww... there's a little dog in that graph.

I think it's from a cartoon I used to watch.

It is Mr. Peabody and his boy Sherman from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, you Phillistine.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229