By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: The Xbox360 will be ahead of the PS3, 7 of the next 8 weeks.

Prediction: The Xbox360 will be ahead of the PS3, 7 of the next 8 weeks.

With strong sales in the U.S, a decent surge in Japan and a looming price cut, thats the reason pretty much.

Tease.

Around the Network

........ When's the new PS3 sku coming out again??? Sony needs it pretty bad in America right now....

4 ≈ One

Actually... Sony needs to drop the price and release good software... but they are thinking at profit,so no price drop this year...And i don`t think that Resistance 2 is the system seller Sony needs...LBP and Motorstorm ...*nope*... The real system seller is God of War 3...in 2009,so...YES,360 at 199 with Gears 2 is a succes...Fable 2 will sell good also... So i think the xbox 360 will be ahead of the ps3

If Sony is able to put more stock of the 40gb, then PS3 > Xbox360 WW

until the Xbox360 price cut (the big one I mean)

Time to Work !

X-bots are funny.

EDIT: You think that a rumored price cut in the US will save the 360 WW. You either don't know or don't want to know that there will be a new 80 GB SKU, which will boost sales. You underestimate the impact of PS3 exclusives. "Resistance 2, that won't help. Motorstorm 2, that won't help." Well guess what, Gears of War 2 won't help either.

Around the Network

Sony slaves are funny.

You think that +40gb of hdd space without BC will help the ps3 WW? It can not compete with a real price drop ( 20gb at 299 and arcade at 199 and soon 60gb at 299) What i like is that you think that only Gears 2 and Fable 2 will move consoles... what about GTA 4 episode 1 (fall 2008) and episode 2 (spring 2009)? PS3 owners got upset because the pc will wave gta4 with the exact content they do,but not xbox 360 owners...we will get 10 hours+ per episode (it was 25 milion dollars per episode,so...). And believe me,the 360 will be just fine.

I predict you're incorrect.

Think it will outsell ps3 during august after that i think it will change.

Well I don’t think any sequel is going too be that much of a system seller unless it has something truly grate, most of the people who own the first are the ones who will by the second etc… the PS3 needs a price drop as fore good games I think there are plenty… I predict it will be less then that

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I say 6/8 or 5/8!
How about this the DS will win top spot for the rest of the year :P