By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Heavy Rain Video released

Feel free to embed it.

http://gamersyde.com/stream_8318_en.html

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Xbox360 too? O_o

@papflesje - I think that is a typo. It has been announced exclusive to the PS3.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's PS3-exclusive, though. It was once going to be multiplat like Indigo Prophecy was, but they made it exclusive for whatever reason.

Those QTE scenes look intense!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's PS3-exclusive, though. It was once going to be multiplat like Indigo Prophecy was, but they made it exclusive for whatever reason.

Those QTE scenes look intense!

They went with Sony as their publisher.

Around the Network

Its exclusive because Sony is producing it I thought...

Very cool. I like how they integrated the button presses into the scene instead of just showing a big X in the middle of the screen.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

The graphics are insane. The character models are nearing CGI quality.

And yeah, I'm with jman8 on how the QTE buttons are incorporated into the scene. I hate it in games like Heavenly Sword where you're forced to focus on the center of the screen, and so essentially miss most of the cool action you're making happen.

Here's another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP260in3ph4&eurl

Resolution isn't as good, but it doesn't have the annoying glare the gamersyde one does.

Hyams said:
The graphics are insane. The character models are nearing CGI quality.

And yeah, I'm with jman8 on how the QTE buttons are incorporated into the scene. I hate it in games like Heavenly Sword where you're forced to focus on the center of the screen, and so essentially miss most of the cool action you're making happen.

I agree 100%.