By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Wii Jrpg looks the most promising?

In your opinion which announced Jrpg looks the best to you. Anybody could post regardless of what console they own, but please don't start flaming.Some of these have much less information than others, so opinions most likely will change. I can't decide between ToS: DotNW, Arc Rise Fantasia, FFCC:TCB or Fragile. Though other games depending on how much information we get later on could overthrow these.

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World

See More Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Screenshot at IGN.com

Interview

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers

See More Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers Various at IGN.com

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

See More Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon Screenshot at IGN.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile:_Sayonara_Tsuki_no_Haikyo

Fragile is set in a post-apocalyptic near future world that has lost its light and is covered in a dense fog. Almost all the world's population has vanished, and the cities have been left abandoned. The game places the player in the shoes of Seto, a young boy.

Seto wanders the world, searching for survivors and the answers behind the disappearance of everyone else. Seto also searches for a mysterious girl named "Heroine"; what her role is in the game is unknown. However in his quest he must deal with ghosts and demons that lurk within the ruins of the abandoned cities.[1][2] Despite this, the producer of the game insists that Fragile is not a survival horror in the same vein as Silent Hill, rather it will focus on "human drama".[3]

The world of Fragile will be filled with objects, wall sketches and short stories for the player to examine and read. Each artifact holds the memories of its former owner, and offers back story and hints to the player. A competition will be held where readers of gaming magazines can send in their own sketches and short stories to be included in the game. [3]

Oburo Muramasa

Arc Rise Fantasia

Plot

Arc Rise Fantasia is set in the empire of Meridian. Creatures called "Contaminant Dragons" are causing a lot of trouble as they pass the Meridian in flocks. If you kill one, the resulting explosion poisons the local area. When the empire receives word that a massive horde has its sights on the capital of Diamant, it immediately sends out an army to fight against them, including Bright, a cool and collected novice mercenary, and his friend Alse, the bright and beloved prince and second in line for the throne. Bright is severely injured during the battle, but is saved at the last minute by a girl named Ryphia, a naive and reserved girl who has secrets in her past, possesses the power to control "ley squalls," naturally-occurring storms of magic that usually take the form of luminous rain. And another character named Adele, a Diamant magic instructor who seems to care about fashion just as much as her light-based offensive spells.

Gameplay

The game is a turn-based RPG. There will be three-character parties, with a single AP gauge being shared by the team, which empties as various actions are performed. Multiple attacks are possible, as well as massive attacks that will drain a lot of AP. If team members use the same skills, those skills will be increased. There are also summon beasts in the game called "Roguresu", who serve as the speakers on all worldly matters in the game, help teach you throughout the game. What they teach you is not clear at this time

Kizuna

http://www.gamekyo.com/images5_4_28824.html

http://www.gamekyo.com/images0_4_28824.html

Action RPG
- Jaleco/Winter 2008
- Main Character name is Rian
- There's a king call Gelade and a princess call Ayna
- Game's graphic will have a pencil effect to them
- More than 100 quests
- Accumulated gauge techniques can be used.
- Huge bosses, find the weak point by pointing the Wii remote on screen
- Scenario: Miwa Shouda (FFXII, Saga Frontier, Little King's Story)
- Director/Programmer: Youichi Kawaguchi (DQVIII, Little King's Story)

Rune Factory Frontier

See More Rune Factory: Frontier Screenshot at IGN.com

From the creators of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory for the DS comes the first installment of Rune Factory for a home console. In Rune Factory Frontier, you play as Laguna, who's starting life in a completely new land. Your goal is to build up your village in classic Harvest Moon style (Rune Factory is an offshoot of that series), attracting new residents, and eventually earning the affections of some possible marriage targets.

Developed exclusively for Wii, Rune Factory: Frontier features stunning graphics and takes full advantage of the Wii's unique controls to fully immerse players in the Rune Factory universe. Rune Factory: Frontier incorporates an open-ended structure that allows players to choose the type of game they wish to experience. Whether it’s growing crops, expanding the town, fighting (or befriending) monsters or even falling in love, the experience is unique to each player.

Those are the only ones with any information at all. There are a few other ones announced, but not shown much of.

Around the Network

Tie between FFCC:TCB's and ToS:DotNW

Pixel Art can be fun.

FFCC:TCB looks the most promising since its from square, but from what i have seen Arc Rise Fantasia and fragile look the most promising, oh that new rpg that was announced this week

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Fragile

My heart say Tales. Fragile looks very interesting and Oboro Murasama is the spiritual sequel to one of the best games ever.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Fragile for me, then ToS2, and then Oboro Murasama(isn't this game a 2D platformer?), need more info/screens about Kizuna.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Shido said:
Fragile for me, then ToS2, and then Oboro Murasama(isn't this game a 2D platformer?), need more info/screens about Kizuna.

Kizuna has screens. I linked them in the op. Oboro Muramasa is a Hack N Slash/ARPG according to many sites. So that is why I put it on the list.

For me currently its Arc Rise Fantasia. ToS looks good but I think ARE has more potential.

I'm gonna go with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World only because it'll be out in a couple months. I'm most interested in Oboru Muramasa Yotenden though - can't wait to see it at TGS.

Fragile has yet to be properly demoed as of yet - it's about time someone gets to do a hands-on with it. Rune Factory and Arc Rise Fantasia is still early on, though they both look amazing so far. And FFCC is shovelware as far as I'm concerned - no new info in forever.

The Harvest Moon nut in me says Rune Factory. The rest of me says Fragile. Time will tell which one wins out!