By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sold out at some stores?

I know, hard to believe.  However, I went to both CC and BB near my house today and both had completely sold out of PS3's (was going to go buy one at CC today).  I had stopped in BB last week on thursday to judge what a sales kid there thought about the likely hood of a price drop.  He told me then that it's just wishful thinking and that there is no way a drop of $100 would increase sales much if at all and that there was no way they'd sell out the 82 ps3's they had before the weekend. 

First I stopped at CC, since they have the deal with the free controller when buying the system, and came to find out that they were sold out.  The sales person there told me they had just a tad under 60 when he last worked on saturday, and they had sold the bulk of them today (Monday), and were completely out.    Out of curiousity, i decided to stop by the BB that is a few doors down and came to see only a stack of 360's on the floor.  They had completely sold out of PS3's there as well.  

Has anyone else noticed a big jump in PS3 sales today that works for electronics stores in the States?  

/Please don't flame, I am just reporting on what I saw today in two stores near my home.  Just looking for honest feedback and not the trolls.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

I was out looking for a WiiPoints card today and I did take notiest of the PS3 stock. In NH things haven't changed, they're still sitting on shelves collection dust.

Thou trying to find those god damn stupid Wii Point Cards is a f*cken nightmare. its a god damn piece of plastic Nintendo they shouldn't be so f*cken hard to find!

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Same here by miami beach they are completly sold out and during the day I have noticed the number of ps3's in nearby stores up 10 miles away(gamestop) have dropped fomr 4+ to 1-3. Can this price cut really sell alot of consoles?

mM

It's really looking like that leo-j. I'm not a sony fanboy by any means, but I do love next gen games and just got done with a marathon Forza 2 gaming session. I only had plans to buy 2 of the next gen systems out there, and I already have the 360, and just need the ps3 to fill it out.

No, I'm not saying anything bad about the Wii, it's just not for me. :)

Anyone else notice a spike is PS3 sales today?

BTW, I did look up on CC's website and there are a couple stores in the area that still have it in stock according to their website, but they are in some of the more dangerous parts of the city and more then 30 minutes away from where I live. I've waited this long for a ps3, and I'll just wait till they get in stock at the CC store nearby.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

yeah at my local gamestop in Eastover, Oxon Hill, Forrestville and Pentagon City All were sold out but the Pentagon City had 2 left in stock. Im really surprised the last time Sony saw a sell out of consoles in the US was November launched

Around the Network

Could it be that retailers are simply clearing inventory for the new models/prices and/or are not ordering any more PS3s?

Eh, I see PS3s on shelves, after a while they sell. Then more come, and they sell. It's only a few at a time though...I don't think anything's different in my area right now...but it's not like I have exact numbers onhand.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Many stores were not keeping a lot in stock.  Amazon has a better deal with an extra free movie and DVD remote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5139302_1/102-2981752-1433747?ie=UTF8&docId=1000106451&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0M10YZKSVXCTGCBGQFBS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=298102301&pf_rd_i=507846

Enjoy!

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

youll may be right they might just be clearing inventory or something

Target employees said they had puit them in the back them out so they would have some for the big sale. Maybe a contracual obligation with Sony. Who knows.