By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Site Suggestion: VGC Reviews in the Game Database

I was just surfing the Game Database recently, and I'm still wondering why we're seeing these ''scores'' from the old broken rating system. That's when I came up with an idea (maybe new, maybe not):

How about creating a VGC Reviews (and Previews, maybe in the future) page in the ''Games'' dropdown list (or a completely new link under the site's logo), and instead of showing the old scores, how about showing the letter score from VGC Reviews (and add a link to the review as well)?

I really like reading reviews from our fellow members here (especially Torillian's and Machina-AX's), and I think VG Chartz could expand on that feature. I remember before, there was a review page on every games page, but it was removed for some reason. It would be cool if everyone could contribute in writing reviews for various games as well, old and new, and add the most recent ones in the main page of the VGC Reviews page. Sure, it would need to be approved first.

Thoughts? Comments? Post! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I concur. This is a good idea.

Just kiss the tip.

thats a very good idea.

I believe something like this is in the works. But I don't know how much I should divulge if ioi wants to surprise everyone. But there is a plan in place to change the Games' ratings I can assure you of that.

And thank you for the mention.

Something like this is already under consideration. Hopefully we'll have something like a user rating, and a VGChartz rating, along with links to reviews in games that have them.

Maybe even user reviews will be added, but who knows.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

not sure, probably a feature in the future.... Talonman has SO many projects.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

If there is help needed in generating reviews, I'd be glad to lend a hand -- especially on older games.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
If there is help needed in generating reviews, I'd be glad to lend a hand -- especially on older games.

Mike from Morgantown

In that regard, you would need to talk to DKII, as he manages the news/reviews. I don't really know if they are accepting more reviewers, but can always ask.

Anyways, since you like older games, you could always right summaries for games in the DB. They aren't reviews, which is nice because they only need to be 1-2 paragraphs.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

ssj12 said:
not sure, probably a feature in the future.... Talonman has SO many projects.

Yeah, he's very good at what he's doing! With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's working on something like this. He's going to blow our minds that's for sure! ^^

Good to know its already been thought out, but I'm also curious about that Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft iconic figures project... What's it going to be for? *suspence music*

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Sounds like a good idea! But who's going to write all the reviews? Any user?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."