By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Civilization confirmed for Wii, DS

It looks like a different version of Civilization will be released for the Wii and the DS

pressnote :

Sid Meier's Civilization® Revolution™
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution will be the first offering in the legendary Civilization® series to appear on next generation consoles and handheld systems. In development by legendary designer Sid Meier and Firaxis Games™, this game will deliver Civilization's renowned epic single-player campaigns featuring vast re-playability and unmatched addictive gameplay. In addition, with revolutionary features like real-time interaction with leaders and advisors, extensive multiplayer capabilities and integrated video and voice chat, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution will completely transport the Civilization series to a level of gameplay that fans have never seen before.

Developer: Firaxis Games, a 2K studio
Platforms: Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo's Wii™, and Nintendo DS™
Available: Spring 2008 for the Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and DS and fall 2008 for the Wii

Source : http://www.vooks.net/modules.php?module=article&id=11986 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

I thought this was old news.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

thanx for the update Neos

Go Sid, bring us the World wide Strategy :)

nonono you boon ckmlb, it wasn't confirmed yet for the Wii

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Thank you Sid Meier. Yeah the game is old news, it coming to the Wii is new news. Frankly, unless its not a strategy game anymore I really don't know why it's going to be on any system other than the Wii and DS. I know I played Civilization and Sim City on the SNES with a control pad but I didn't have a computer then so I didn't know better. I cannot imagine doing it today. Seems odd it is shipping last on the Wii thouh.  Oh well, gives me enough time to get sick of it on the DS before switching over.  Anyways, another game on my must buy list (twice).

Around the Network

I agree, I can't imagine the thought of playing a Civilization game with a gamepad.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

The Wii with it's controller, essentially a 3-D mouse, suits itself perfectly for many kinds of PC games that haven't translated as well to consoles in the past. The same goes for the DS with it's touch screen. Using a standard controller to play these kind of games just takes it down a lot. I know I'm basically summing up a few other poster's comments here, but it's the truth.

To date I still feel the same way about FPS and RTS games on consoles, playing them with a gamepad, even when manageable, ruins the game for me.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

intresting, I wonder how much different the version will be. The DS version is a must have...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I wonder if the PS3 version will allow you to use keyboard and mouse. I mean if Unreal Tournament 3 and other games will be using them why not this one?