By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - My Impressions.

So i got the chance to play SW: TFU on the Wii, and i gotta say i am very impressed.

First off the controls, which is the most important part.

They are damn good, they're responsive and it hasn't registered a wrong direction so far... not even once. Using the force must be the most fun i've had with almost any Wii game. All in all swinging your remote to use the lightsaber feels very natural and fun. Also, the targeting feels easier in this version than the HD ones.

Now for the music, i'm no fan of Star Wars (never watched a movie or something) so i don't know if it's supposed to be good but i didn't like it xD Hearing your lightsaber through the Wii remote is a bit of a letdown because of the very poor sound quality (of the remote speaker) but who cares, you can turn it off. Voice acting is good, but The Apprentice has a terrible voice. And i mean terrible, it just feels wrong.

The graphics are impressive for a Wii game. Explosions all over the place, reflections on the floor, destructible enviroments, lighting effects, and amazing character models (at least for The Apprentice and Vader). Also, when something is behind you but still on-screen it's a little blurry, to show that you're not focused on it which is a nice little addition. Only bad thing is some low-res textures here and there but nothing major. Oh, and the outdoor enviroments (at least the 1st one) suck, while the indoor ones (like the one shown in the IGN developer walkthrough look great.)

Long story short, i am buying it. I'd give it an 8.5/10 and it sure is a must buy for a SW fan and at least a must try for any Wii owner.

Edit: Oh and btw, do NOT buy the DS version. It's awful, laggy framerate, bad graphics, AWFUL controls.

Around the Network

LOL! This thread failed... HARD.

Let's give it another chance, shall we? ^^

Lets.

Have you tried the duel mode yet?

Sadly no, and i probably never will. I don't have a second remote :/

Around the Network

8.5, thats pretty high especially for someone who hasn't watched a SW film

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Hmm.. I'm still undecided on this one.. I'll probably wait to see what the clone wars is like compared to this one.. Or maybe I should wait for a Wii MotionPlus Star Wars game.. ahh decisions..

i've played psp version - i finished it yesterday and i have to say this:
if you're ps360 owner DO NOT buy this game!

psp version is just the same as ps360version(but with less shiny shiny graphics) and it took me less than 6 hours to finish the whole thing and i'm not good gamer! there isn't any challenge! even boss battles are really simple. additional missions don't last long either. whole replay value is about finding different lightsaber colours and star wars pictures since all additional exclusive missions and characters you will unlock just by finishing 'historic missions', 'force duel' mode and 'order 66' mode

so eventhough game is good it's not worth 50-60$ - maybe a rental, but nothing more.
overall 6/10 it would be 8/10 if the game was twice as long as it is.

megaman79 said:
8.5, thats pretty high especially for someone who hasn't watched a SW film

I know, i don't understand half the story but oh well xD

The thing is, the game feels just pure FUN!

Is there any difficulty in the game?

We've been led to believe that the whole point is that you have way too damn much power. Even in the ads, enemies are made to be nothing more than rag dolls to play with. So is there any challenge?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.