By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

Note that this is a reposting of a previous thread that got locked. I wanted the necessary info to be repeated because it's important. The religious talk and many other topics that went on are not in themselves unimportant to this topic, but the majority of you folks just can't handle talking about them in a civilized manner. I will continue to warn and ban members, and lock these threads until you folks can get it right. Just remember, it's a good game getting delayed, but at the end of the day, it's still just a game.

-Onyxmeth

SCEE has supplied us with the official statement on the situation regarding LittleBigPlanet…

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

We will confirm the new launch date shortly.

We’ll keep you updated with further information as soon as we get it.

UPDATE

We’ve just been informed by SCEE that the delay to release is effective worldwide.

http://threespeech.com/blog/2008/10/littlebigplanet-scees-official-statement/

I'm to sad to say anything.

Sony: LittleBigPlanet to be recalled on global level because of Qur’an content

October 17th, 2008 @ 17:08

SCEE has just confirmed to VG247 that shipped LittleBigPlanet units are to be recalled on a global level thanks to a licensed track in the game containing two “expressions” from the Qur’an.

It was thought this afternoon that shipped units of the game were to be pulled back in Europe, but the move will be made “worldwide,” Sony’s just told us.

When asked how many units are to be recalled, a SCEE rep said, “We haven’t been given any figures.”

SCEE has made a just made a statement on the issue, saying the game will be delayed as a result of the issue, but hasn’t confirmed a new release date as yet.

Around the Network

no need

This thread was re-posted at a moderator's request ^_-

So the discs that already exist will have to be destroyed? What a was of resources and money.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

This is too sad.
Sure the PS3 will be swamped with a LOT of great games in the old LBP timeframe, but this game was at the top of my priority list.

Bring back the beta please sony...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Re post!!!

Little Big Delay :P

Anyways, recalling the retail games, create a new master, printing new ones, and put them on the shelves is not going to be cheap...

Some people will get another game, some will wait, but Sony lost a few millions for a Little Big Human-Mistake

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I'll repost what I posted in the other thread.

Does anyone remember the episode Cartoon Wars from South Park. In that episode, they couldn't show Muhammad in an everyday life situation (it was censored by Comedy Central) while they put a really crude cartoon instulting the Christian religion.

The problem with that double standard is that Western companies fear to put "anything" even remotely offensive to Muslims since the backlash of the Danish caricatures. It's really sad because those caricatures were about the freedom of expression and I think freedom of expression is a lot more important than freedom of religion. Especially when the song wasn't offensive (it did not contain hate speech of any sort). If anything, that song was probably introduced as a way to show that the game wasn't only made for the West.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

They should let us play Beta again.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

But...Still...
WE MUST
DESTROY METAL GEAR!

Take my love, take my land..