By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - August Loves You, Hates Your Wallet (NA) [56k Warning]

August begins the software onslaught!

WII

At the end of July, Wii-owners are in for a treat:

This should hold you over for the first of the big three which hits in August:

Nintendo owners ... your wallets are a bit safe for the heavy hitters.

But there's also:

Be careful with those wallets, gents (and ladies).

Next up!

Cross Platforming

For August, we have:

PS3/PSP

360/PC/PS3 (Delayed into September all platforms)

360/PS3

360/PS3/PC

360/PS3

And of course, the big one for All Platforms:

Moving right along...

PS3

Oh man, are you guys in for a treat!

August's Big Game! (Delayed till September)

And if that ain't enough for ya, how about some Multiplayer mayhem!

With these and the multiplatform releases, PS3 Owners will be quite busy!

Next up:

As if you aren't busy enough, here come some golden gems for August!

Potentially Huge:

(And PC - Thanks, Ben)

And, for that JRPG goodness you crave:

What's that handheld junkies? Not feeling the love??

PSP

(ignore the pig, Thanks Roadkillers)

DS

Around the Network

Well don't forget PC...I'm definitely getting Bioshock, Mario Strikers, Metroid...probably some DS games in there somewhere too...gotta save for the holidays though....

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Rune Factory... I've waited so long for you...

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Added the PC tags, gratsi, Obi-wan.

I've got gamefly. My wallet wont be hit as hard as yours.

Around the Network

Lair : )

mM

I've got GameFly as well...I'm so dumb, I haven't played Age of Empires on the DS for like a month...why don't I return it?? I'm so lazy...

I'll be renting lots of Wii games, but I'm definitely going to buy Metroid, and probably Mario Strikers.

Still GameFly for less than $5 a month for one game at a time is very nice.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

My wallet am already cry over the $1,100 brake job I got analed with this week. For that kinda money I should be able to have the mechanic live in my trunk and pop out for complimentary maintenance whenever the engine light goes on.

Hence for me, Metroid and Bioshock and nothing else... not even food or sleep in fact.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

You obviously never played MH. MH to me is a big game and I cant wait for MHP2. Plus that pig is the pig you take care of.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Rune Factory and MP3 here I come! Strikers sorry i can't afford you yet, you have to wait.