By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who believes VGChartz is starting to look like Kotaku?

I believe that things are getting out of control lately. People are trolling just so very much that it's sometimes impossible to find an on-topic post in a thread, when most of the comments are pure hate.

I wouldn't like VGC to turn into Kotaku, but the truth is it's already happening. At least there's no Wii thread in which most of the usual haters step in and derail it completely. And they go unnoticed by mods most of the time.

Why can't this site be a bit more civilized? I know it's fun to have some arguements and system war related topics, but when every single post is trolling, then the site is not interesting anymore. Maybe it's just this gen, but the trolling here is higher than on any site I've visited in a long time.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I wouldnt go as far to say that MOST comments are pure hate, but I loosely agree.

It is really ironic that you would post this. If you want a less troll filled form I would suggest you scale back your vitriolic posts when making a topic related to any game. I do tend to agree with you though that the mods are far too forgiving on these forums.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Agreed, acting like that's noting different from mobs in my country.Both consumed by hate and willing to hurt(or kill...sometimes) other side.

GAF>>>>>>>vgchartz>>>>>kotaku

Everyone here is so serious and angry, and there are almost no lulz.

Around the Network

Earlier this year I started saying that the Wii Hate weeks/months were caused by fanboys going through the stages of grief, and moving from denial to anger ... To a certain extent I think there is elements of truth to that but I also think that there is something else happening.

For the past 2 years there has always been a game on the horizon for the HD consoles that fanboys could use when they were claiming that the Wii was only a fad and domination was only a short while away. We are now hitting a point where most of the biggest titles for the HD consoles has been released, and the long list of upcomming well known big budget games for the HD consoles is not so long anymore. Many of these gamers are amazingly frustrated and are afraid that the Wii's success really will "destroy" the industry, and without anything to be optimistic about anymore they are only left with lashing out at what they blame for the situation.

With that said, I think this hatred will last for another 6 months (or so) and as the HD consoles get some game announcements and Wii gets some well known big budget games of its own there will be less fear and more optimism which will result in less hatred overall.

GAF is the nasty armpit of the internet. The most hostile community easy.

And, I really doubt that VGC, an site that is predominating Wii fanboy rampant, is starting to favor either HD console.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I dunno, you have your good days and your bad days. Today just happened to be a bad day I suppose. It's true that there were a lot of threads that turned into petty arguments and console bashing, more so than I've seen on here for a while.

A constant theme today was how Wii doesn't have the games for the real gamer... or some silly argument like that. That argument holds as much water as the PS3 has no good game argument (read: no water at all).

But that's not really the issue that bugged me. What got to me was the personal attacks and direct smearing. I come to this site because I enjoy the community, the sales and numbers are the icing on the cake. But when we have people who aim to hurt others with their words, then there's a problem.

Still, there's a seemingly ebbing tide on this site, for when it comes to console "hate". One week it's the Wii, and the other it's the PS3, and then the 360. Kinda strange, but it's something you gotta deal with.

Imalwayswrong_Tyagi said:

GAF>>>>>>>vgchartz>>>>>kotaku

Everyone here is so serious and angry, and there are almost no lulz.

Hey the J man here and is enough lulz for all kotak..... the J man means vgchartz

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

yea some threads i try to stay out of completely because next thing u know im getting called all sorts of things.. like i havent even stepped foot in that LBP thread yet but i dont have to look at it to know whats going on

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament