By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW Million Sellers Race

X360: 18

Wii: 7

PS3: 1

Your predictions for end of 2007? Will Wii catch up?

Predictions so far:

stranne:  X360: 30, Wii:25, PS3: 7

Around the Network

No way will it catch up! It will have a few new ones, but I actually expect the 360 to have the most new additions by the end of the year. I expect the Wii to push further beyond the PS3, but actually fall farther behind the 360.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Depends on japanese sales, it won't catch up, but it might close the gap a bit

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Simple because the 360 has been out for an extra year, and has more (big) titles released for it - it may always win this race. At least it should - for a year or two at least...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

well let's try to list the new titles that could become million sellers this year.

For the wii I'd say:

Mario Party
Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime
Smash Brothers
Madden
Fifa

These are the ones that I can think of right now... Do you think there will be more? Can someone do the same for PS3 and 360?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Strikers might have a chance. It did surprisingly well on GC, though it never reached that point.

Edit: Never mind, forgot the "this year" qualifier.

Hmm, million sellers, for the Wii i think:
Super Paper Mario
Mario Galaxy
SSBB
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Strikers
Mario Party
No More Heroes.
There are more but my brain hurts at the moment and i will have to check the release dates on some more releases.

Also i think that the Wii has many more 'slow sellers' than the PS3 and 360, i.e Games that will sell a million or more units but will take some time to do so. The only games that really burst through the million mark straight away are those of established series'.

Games i'm currently playing:

I'll list some titles that I think have the *potential* to become million sellers

MySims
Soul Calibur Legends
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
Dragon Quest Swords

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

PS3:

Lair, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, GTA4, Assassins Creed, Uncharted - 6 titles.

Also Motorstorm will reach million shortly.

EDIT: I did not spot "end of 2007" restiriction... list will be shorter - Lair, Haevenly Sword and GTA4

Agreed Vanguardian1. There are many titles that have the potential to reach the 1 million mark on Wii. I think MySims could be huge among the casual audience, far bigger than EA or Nintendo expect. Soul Calibur i will definately be picking up myself and Namco haven't denied the inclusion of Nintendo specific material again (Link in the GC version for example). Im not sure about FFCC:CB, i think that the FF series has reached the peak of its appeal and the endless spin-offs that SE are making of it could dampen the sales of it. Mario and Sonic i am also looking forward to, hoping it'll be a blast like the old track and field game for the SNES. I LOVE Dragon Quest games, got my import copy coming in soon so that would be a biased answer for me but i can easily see it selling a million in Japan alone.

Games i'm currently playing: