By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox 360 does not have any recompelling games in 2009 no disrespect!

This is no disrespect to the Xbox 360, I have a lot of respect for the Xbox 360 and their amazing library of games. But their exclusive line up in 2009 pales in comparison to the ps3, I just dont any real game in 2009 that really stands out. Two Halo games expected in 2009 but really how many Halo games can you release its time to release some new Ip's.

As you may all know I love my ps3 but im also very much interested in the 360's amazing library e.g Gears of war, Halo 3 etc. No disrespect when i say this but in terms of games coming out in 2009, the Xbox 360 does not stand a chance, I think Xbox 360 has released all their great games already hasn't got much left for 2009, Maybe Microsoft have something up their sleeve who knows same can be said for Nintendo and Sony. Let's analyse the list:

360:

- Halo Wars
- Star Ocean 4
- Halo 3: Recon
- Ninja Blade
- Ninety-Nine Nights
- Race Pro
- Death Smiles

PS3:

- Final Fantasy XIII  (JPRG) [Exclusive in Japan]
- Ratchet And Clank Future 2
- Killzone 2
- Heavy Rain
- Quantom Theory
- Uncharted 2
- God Of War 3
- Gran Turismo 5
- Demon Souls
- Infamous
- White Knight
- Wardevil 
- Twisted Metal 
- M.A.G.
- Yakuza 3

As you can see from the list there is no competiton, no 360 game that really stands out but maybe im wrong who knows I would like to get your opinion on this matter.

Edit: If I left out any 360 game please notify i will correct the mistake

Edit: The title is The Xbox 360 does not have any compelling games in 2009 no disrespect!

Please Discuss.

By Megaman2

Around the Network

A lot of games in your PS3 list won't sell 500k in their life time and you also forgot to mention FF13 for the X360.

Man I didn't realize how late in the year it was. Already that time where fanboys come out with gigantic lists of games to prove their console will dominate the next year. I always have to laugh as inevitably a large number of games get left off the competitors list, and unnanounced games make it on the list of the fanboys system of choice.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Wasn't this exact post with that exact list just done like a few weeks ago?

atma998 said:
A lot of games in your PS3 list won't sell 500k in their life time and you also forgot to mention FF13 for the X360.

atma998 are you being serious, no need to post such nonsense haven't you learned from earlier debates im done educating you FF13 exclusive in japan.

Around the Network

Gears of War2 was announced February this year. So big announcements are still to come and the list looks decent so far. Without a real big announcement. But you know that, why are you posting something like this? You do know better.

And you forgot Alan Wake. Which looks outstanding. Do you really think MS will let Sony get a far better lineup? They know how to get great games. They proofed it again and again. GTA IV, Tekken 6, Final Fantasy etc all made their way to the Xbox360.

Well and Splinter Cell is also missing on that list. This will be another million-seller for sure.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Blatant trolling thread.

lol FLAMEBAIT microsoft doesn't longer reveals games years in advance

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Gnizmo said:
Man I didn't realize how late in the year it was. Already that time where the sony leader comes out with gigantic lists of games to prove their console will dominate the next year. I always have to laugh as inevitably a large number of games get left off the competitors list, and unnanounced games make it on the list of the fanboys system of choice.

I dont need to prove anyting either contribute to thread or kindly piss of!

You are right as always PS3 does have a much better line up.

SO GLAD IVE GOT A PS3 :)