By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 4 Secrets

Here's a website about the "Playstation 4 secrets" and what will possibly be in the PS4, here's a bit that came from the website there's alot more interesting things there:

Technology PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4
Disc CD DVD Blu-ray Holographic Disc (HVD)
Audio Stereo Dolby Digital 5.1 Lossless 7.1 Channel Lossless 9.1 Channel
Storage 1MB Flash 8MB Flash 20GB-160GB Harddrive 220GB-1TB Harddrive, Flash, External
Storage Speed NA NA 1.5Gb/s (SATA-150) 6Gb/s (SATA-600)
Color Depth True Color True Color True Color, Deep Color Full Deep Color
Color Space BT.601 BT.601 sRGB, BT.709, x.v.Color x.v.Color
Controller Vibration Vibration Wireless, Vibration, Motion Sense Wireless, Vibration, Motion Sense (3D), Wind, Shock
Internet None 10/100Base-T wired 1000BASE-T wired, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g wireless 100 Gbit Eithernet wired, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n wireless
Display SDTV (640x480i) SDTV (640x480p NTSC / PAL) HDTV (1920x1080p) QF-HDTV (3830x2160p)
VRAM 1MB 4MB EDRAM 256MB GDDR3 1024MB GDDR4
System RAM 2MB 32MB 256MB XDR 1024MB GDDR4

http://www.edepot.com/playstation4.html

Around the Network

HVD doesnt support High defintion video I believe, so its already back fired against the site.

mM
leo-j said:
HVD doesnt support High defintion video I believe, so its already back fired against the site.

Yeh it would be wise if Sony sticks with Blu-ray for nex generation anyway because some Blu-ray disc can hold up to 500 GB of memory, I dought we'll see a game with 500 GB or even close to it nex generation, and besides it'd be cheaper then the HVD and I don't think Sony wants to risk putting something big and expensive in the PS4, like what they've done with the PS3.

Also I doubt the PS4 will have "only" 2gb of ram.

mM
leo-j said:
Also I doubt the PS4 will have "only" 2gb of ram.

Yeh I also don't agree with that either, that's another problem Sony had for the PS3 is the memory, so they'll likely have plenty of it for the nex gen and 2 Gigs doesn't seem to be much for nex gen.

Edit: check the website there's plenty of other stuff on it.

Around the Network

AS ong as they don't make another $600+ machine, I'll be happy.

^_^

skeezer said:

I think they learned there lesson and shouldn't make that mistake again

if you think the ps4 will be built like a tank, you're gonna be disappointed. the wii has taught the game industry a valuable lesson this gen: its not all about the graphics.

skeezer said:

Yep, 400 at launch max. I'd say Blu Ray will be good enough for next gen because as was said there are multilayered discs that can go all the way up to 500GB.

bugrimmar said:
if you think the ps4 will be built like a tank, you're gonna be disappointed. the wii has taught the game industry a valuable lesson this gen: its not all about the graphics.

The Wii is a once in a lifetime phenomenon, it's something new that people never experience before, I expect all 3 to include motion technology in their next consoles, but I expect Sony and Microsoft to push the machine technology wise as well, if it's just a PS3.5 or a XBox540 then I'll probably skip next gen.