By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Advertising Campaign for PS3 in Japan

While Sony has gained a reputation for its bizarre, off-the-wall advertisement campaigns in recent times, the platform holder has opted to take a decidedly more subtle approach with its most recent effort in the Land of the Rising Sun.

The company’s latest onslaught takes the form of various posters hung up throughout subways across Japan, depicting numerous PlayStation 3 titles, both new and old. In addition, the firm has also included a series of advertisements showcasing individuals posing with various PS3-related products.

We've included all of the advertisements below.

According to Andria Sang, some of the posters translate to the following:

"The PS3 ad says "Everyone awakens here."

The MGS4 ad says something like "Finish the MISSION to completion."

The Sackboy ad says "IMAGINATION that's learned from play."

The one with the girl holding a disc says "Beauty like a DREAM."

The one with the guy doing a mind meld with the controller might say "The PRIDE of exceeding super realism."

Source

I'm liking the look of those posters, very eye-catching. Looks like Sony is finally starting to get it's act together in Japan, the poor platform sales for the last few months must have spurred them into action.

Around the Network

Much better than some of the crap they've brought out recently.

Good. A combination of good looking posters with a nation where the subway is very widely used sounds like an increase in sales to me.

I wish I could buy one.

i hope what they say sounds better in japanese.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

those are some cool posters

Around the Network

Nice posters, but a price drop and more typical Japanese games will do the entire sale-boost trick.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

BTW, the FFXIII poster has a small xbox 360 icon in the bottom right !
But the ps3 logo just drwarfs it

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

hayeya_k said:

No it doesn't :-/

And why would they add a xbox symbol anyway, since it's a Japan exclusive...

hayeya_k said:

It's not a 360 logo... it's a part fo the art. Also, the 360 logo always has Xbox 360 written with it.

The text in the very first (Final Fantasy) poster image in the OP says, "COURAGE to pursue the truth".

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69