By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 not on 360 ..... HMV admits mistake

Link: http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-57139.aspx

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Lol, thought so.

was just about to post this. So what do we think? Did they get yelled at by Sony or Konami? Or is someone at HMV REALLY that THICK?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wellcome back soriku

Just goes to show... Wait for Konami to say it...

Around the Network

It's true that you never KNOW until the publisher or console owner says it. That said, large numbers of timed exclusives are compromised in advance by retailers screwing up. Honestly, i reckon thats what this is. The dates will change but someone at HMV knows MGS4 is coming to 360. Just like Eternal Sonata and Ace Combat will go to the PS3

well the last two MGS games were ported to XBOX even when PS2 was leading the market by a mile. Why would MGS4 be any different? PS3 is in third place at the moment so it makes more sense to port it this time. I wouldn't expect it before 6 months though, more likely a year.

MGS 3 wasn't ported. MGS3:Subsitence was.

The 360 won't get MGS4:Guns of the Patriots, but maybe a Substience version.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I thought we all pretty much agreed that that source was wrong in the other thread anyways, (not to say it might not turn out to be true)

The xbox getting MGS2 isnt anything to go by, it was an experiment by Konami, they ported their most popular (non football) game and it failed to sell very well at all, removing much chance of any other future ports of Konami exclusives to the format.

Things are a little different now, since the 360 has twice as much of the market than sony does at the moment, but i dont think that will be enough to sway Konami into putting resources into porting another MGS game to a MS console.
Konami 'owe' alot of their success over the last 10 years to the playstation brand and unless the xbox stays with the same % of the market over sony, i cant see thier loyalties drastically changing.