By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360’s Move Forward!

Xbox 360’s Move Forward Posted on Dec 17, 2008 05:25:26 AM The most important thing in a console for a gamer is, well, games. But for a company like Microsoft and Sony, profit is what matters most. There is no denying the fact that Microsoft is doing a good job with the Xbox360 on the console market and its sales have been increasing dramatically after its recent price cut.

The Xbox 360 has amazing titles out there like Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 and Microsoft still continues to add more great titles to the console’s library. What you have now is a gaming system with a lot of games at an affordable price that appeals to almost everyone. Microsoft is also doing a very good job with the Xbox Live Service and are definitely proving that the 360 is the best console out there right now for online gaming. With fun multiplayer titles like Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 only on the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, Microsoft is providing gamers with plenty of reasons why they should buy the Xbox 360.

This is the main advantage the Xbox 360 has over the PlayStation which is crucial with the rise of interest and popularity in online gaming. Even though the Xbox 360 has an amazing game lineup along with an exceptional online service, I still believe one other factor is more crucial than either one.

This is the price and marketing. Anyone can go to their local electronic store and pick up an Xbox 360 for $199 while the cheapest PS3 is double that. Price has to be the most important factor in this console generation with the recession taking place. Microsoft is also doing very well on something that Sony has failed at this console generation and that is marketing.

I see advertisements for the Xbox 360 and its exclusive titles on the television all of the time. I also realize at the end of most 3rd party multiplatform title’s trailers that Microsoft flashes the Xbox 360 logo at the end. You do not see quite as much on the PlayStation 3. How is Sony expecting the general public to learn and understand all of the new things being added to the console?

Titles like Metal Gear Solid 4 should have been advertised to no end and could have easily sold at least 6 million. As you can see, the 360 is driving its way past the PS3 this console generation due to many things that either company could improve but mainly Sony. Imagine if Sony dropped the price of the PS3 to $199 and marketed as much as Microsoft does with the 360. Then wouldn’t you think this console generation would be in a totally different position? Its time Sony begins to play its cards right before it is too late.

http://www.thegameraccess.com/2008/12/xbox-360s-move-forward/

The Xbox 360 seems to be unstoppable, with an outstanding diverse library of games we should all jump in. Microsoft must continue their great work. Good news for 360 owners.

I only post fair and balanced journalism

Around the Network

It seems people are only interested in bad news

Your balanced views are awesome.
This will hush the haters!
All hail!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Good news don`t sell. Flame baits threads sell like crazy. And i think the 360 is the next ps2 -> cheap and with a great library of games. The Jasper model hit the stores this month,so all is good.

Is this really megaman. It couldn't be. Boss of all things Sony and hater(jk) of anything else has a pro 360 thread. Now I have seen it all.
Maybe the Sony team needs a new leader.

Around the Network

Even preferring PS3 I must admit is nice to see how much effort Microsoft is putting on X360 to make it mainstream.

kowenicki said:
Bit of damage limitation... this one post now allows a further half dozen anti 360 rants. I know your game megaman. keep up the good work.

thank you sir.

Imthelegend said:
Is this really megaman. It couldn't be. Boss of all things Sony and hater(jk) of anything else has a pro 360 thread. Now I have seen it all.
Maybe the Sony team needs a new leader.

Don't you dare question my authority.

This article doesn't state anything about moving forward...it's just a commentary on the current situation with a what if price scenario thrown in for good measure.

I've about enough inclination to discuss that hypothetical question again as I do asking someone to give me a blow-by-blow detailed description on how they produce saliva.

brilliant thread, making up for all the trash posted previously

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot