By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ESRB breakdown for the big 3

Searched for Nintendo-Wii, Sony-PS3, Microsoft-360 these are the results.

http://www.esrb.org/index-js.jsp
Ratings explained http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Sony
E (26) 66.6%
E10+ (1) 2.6%
T (9) 23%
M (3) 7.7%

Nintendo
E (43) 89.6%
E10+ (2) 4.2%
T (3) 6.3%

Microsoft
E (25)  64.1%
e10+ (2) 5.1%
T (4)  10.2%
M (8) 20.5%

MS has the most Mature games of the 3, Sony the most Teen and Nintendo the most rated Everyone.

66.6 is kinda funny for Sony.

Around the Network

66% of ps3 games are rated E?!?!?!?! WTF?

No EC games?

mM

I don't think thats a full list.

The 360 has 120+ games out.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Thats what search came up with.

Hus you forgot about Nintendo's mature games. Godfather, Scarface, and Driver, FarCry, Escape from Bug Island, Splinter Cell and Mortal Kombat are all out, that is 7. And then Brothers in Arms in M, and Manhunt is Ao...

What is your point exactly, and why did you leave these out?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
Hus you forgot about Nintendo's mature games. Godfather, Scarface, and Driver, FarCry, Escape from Bug Island, Splinter Cell and Mortal Kombat are all out, that is 7. And then Brothers in Arms in M, and Manhunt is Ao...

What is your point exactly, and why did you leave these out?

You're forgetting the most important one: RE4: Wii

Hus said:

Searched for Nintendo-Wii, Sony-PS3, Microsoft-360 these are the results.

http://www.esrb.org/index-js.jsp
Ratings explained http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Sony
E (26) 66.6%
E10+ (1) 2.6%
T (9) 23%
M (3) 7.7%

Nintendo
E (43) 89.6%
E10+ (2) 4.2%
T (3) 6.3%

Microsoft
E (25) 64.1%
e10+ (2) 5.1%
T (4) 10.2%
M (8) 20.5%

MS has the most Mature games of the 3, Sony the most Teen and Nintendo the most rated Everyone.

66.6 is kinda funny for Sony.

...are you making these numbers up? Just out of curiousity I looked at the Wii M and T games. The Wii had 10 M games and more than 30 T games.  I'm fairly certain you're not just counting exclusive games because I'm pretty sure that the 360 doesn't have 25 exclusive E games.

Thank you Twestern for putting me in my place. :)

wait that makes 8... Hey everyone HUS just pointed out that Wii has the same amount of Mature titles as 360.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

It looks like he searched for games on each system AND PUBLISHED BY Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. RE4:Wii is M, you say? Sorry, Capcom doesn't count.

Which makes this whole exercise nearly useless.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Yeah, that's pretty beyond pointless.