By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii 2009, year of the Core.

2009 will more than likely be another victory for Wii, not only that but I believe they will try and focus on the core gamers (or I hope some).

They have casual gamers right in their hands, they aren't worried about them anymore.  What they need to worry about is US as gamers, I know they've announced core games, but do you think they will be ready for release this year or will they be held off for 2010.  Will 2009 be dry of core games, I'm really hoping not.  I do like the Wii, but it's really be pissing me off that they haven't focused on what Nintendo grew on.  I know they are trying to focus on a new crowd to get into gaming, but they shouldn't have went cold turkey on us as they did.

I really hope Nintendo brings on the core games this year, the games we all know and love about Nintendo.  If they do so, I really believe the Wii will do even better.  It doesn't take Graphics to have spectacular games, especially when mentioning Pikmin, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, Fox and that isn't all of them.

Now don't get me wrong, 2008 wasn't completely dry, but it definitely wasn't up to standard by the general Nintendo fans.  2008 had great games, games that were mentioned in GOTY 08, games that will only lead to better ideas and innovations.  But really, it's not those games that grew Nintendo on us.

Nintendo did release their 2009 line-up, but I only seen a couple of games on there that got my attention.  Please Nintendo, cater to your core crowd in 2009, if not 2009, promise us a good 2010 :)

----------

Another thing, does anyone else believe Nintendo will have the Wii on store shelves, stocked and ready for sale without any shortages.

Considering the money their raking in, there should be no excuse as to why they can't keep up shipment.  I know the economy is down, but Nintendo is "livin' the life".

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Around the Network

I think we will see a surprise core game for Holiday 2009.
My guess is that Pikimin 3 will be the hit of the season.
This will strengthen if Pikmin 2's Wii-make is released during the middle of the year (summer for most of us, winter for Oz).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

2009 will be the biggest year of the Wii!!

a lot of great 3rd party games are coming for hard-core gamers & the Wii-Motion Plus (which i can't wait for) will be huge!

imagine what kind of games Wii is likely to get now with the Wii-Motion Plus, EA already announced a Tennis game that uses Wii-Motion Plus

so many great RPGs are coming in 2009, along with Conduit, Madworld and so many other games

Nintendo is releasing Sin and Punishment 2 and Punch-Out in 2009 as well

2009 will be the year of the Wii for sure!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
2009 will be the biggest year of the Wii!!

a lot of great 3rd party games are coming for hard-core gamers & the Wii-Motion Plus (which i can't wait for) will be huge!

imagine what kind of games Wii is likely to get now with the Wii-Motion Plus, EA already announced a Tennis game that uses Wii-Motion Plus

so many great RPGs are coming in 2009, along with Conduit, Madworld and so many other games

Nintendo is releasing Sin and Punishment 2 and Punch-Out in 2009 as well

2009 will be the year of the Wii for sure!!

Not a tennis fan :P

I will love the RPGs, I'm a huge RPG guy :)

I really can't wait for Conduit.  Madworld on the other hand doesn't sound fun to me.

That will be awesome, can't wait.

2009 seems to be shaping up so far.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

@mike

I'm hoping for something good Holiday 2009.

Around the Network

Pikmin seems pretty sure in 09, I am still crossing my fingers for Zelda. I think they need to capture the casuals into some brindge/core gaming before they move on. A massively hyped Zelda would draw alot of casual purchases (kinda like what Halo and now COD can do getting some casual purchases)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

We know about the Monster Games project and the Factor 5 project (though the status of the Factor 5 project is now in dispute), as well as something top-secret that Retro Studios has been working on. Aside from Pikmin 3, which is also coming

And holding fingers crossed for a revival of Project HAMMER, after the game was officially canceled, one of the higher ups at Nintendo Software Technology let slip that he was still working on it in a digipen lecture. Certainly that would be a game that would greatly benefit from a Motion Plus rework

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

lol it is not that we don’t have core games already… 2009 will be another year with core games but allot stronger than 2008.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I see 3rd party developers finally stepping up for 2009. Nintendo just has to either drop Pikmin 3 or a new F-Zero during holidays and it will keep the momentum going.

yeah. I believe that 09 will be the real year 4 da wii